“A must experience of the newly renovated Grand Cafe - Ramlet El Baida!”
Review of Grand Cafe

Grand Cafe
Ranked #353 of 1,016 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: Lebanese
Description: Grand Cafe Beirut Great atmosphere, good food selection very competitively priced, staff very helpful – I was trying to find a particular location where the British War Graves / Beirut War Cemetery was located. A waiter was extremely helpful and took time in showing me the location near Jalloul at Tayouneh on my map – A big thank you.
Reviewed 14 November 2015

It was a beautiful day with an abundant sunshine and warm gentle breezes, which was perfect for a lunch outing by the sea side! Where else would someone go? I was truly amazed today by this wonderfully newly renovated restaurant with a lavish new oriental / morrocan style decoration inside and out!

The new terrace and restaurant furniture are really nice 'n stylish and comfy as well! Upon my entrance to the restaurant, I was approached by a very friendly waiter who immediately identified me, saluted and welcomed me warmly! I was offered a waiting table for 5 minutes (max) until they had the table I requested to dine in on, cleaned up and re-arranged / re-setup...

The Menu and food offered were really up to standard, food prices were reasonable and the service was excellent!

Unfortunately, no alcoholic beverages are served within this restaurant.
The sea view on the terrace was wonderful along with the flights descending down to the airport in a fairly distant and discreet quiet fashion I must say! The social climate of this restaurant is "select" - good people come as they are in regular fashionable jeans (aka street fashion clothing) for hanging out and enjoying the food and the sea view...The aesthetics and furniture and good food = good mood will definitely keep you hanging around for some time and probably delay your departure of such a calming but cool casual dine in ;-)

I will definitely go back there again for some good food- surrounded with good people who are definitely in a good mood to enjoy the wonderful views!!!

Thank You Grand Café Ramlet El Baida Staff!

Enjoy your dine in experience people!

George T

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Visited this place for the view and not the food. Excellent view, and the place looks great after the renovations. It's much classier and has a nice feel to it. The food was not bad, but I made the mistake of ordering pasta. Stay away from non-lebanese food at these kinds of restaurants, stick with the staples and you'll have a great meal. But if you choose the ravioli, you'll end up with a soup-like substance blobs of pasta swimming around.
Come here for some grills, hummus, coffee and sheesha. But most importantly, come for the view and atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 June 2015

Good view facing the sea & nice shisha & drinks. near the Rousha with smiling staff & lovely atmosphere

Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

I went to this place without knowing the fame it got because of Anthony Bourdain!
I sat at the terrace, enjoyed the view of the reconstructed Beirut souk, got a refreshing breeze in the summer heat and the best, ate delicious grilled hallumi cheese and freshly made tabuleh.
Fantastic!

Reviewed 25 March 2015

We went to grand cafe on a Monday, at 5:45pm, my wife wanted a view of the beach and watch the sunset, we went to Grand cafe hoping to have a nice outing.
After being seated we ordered, I had the cocktail with fruit prices and a dessert dish, my wife had the cheese cake, and mint tea, we also ordered a bottle of water for the table.
Prices here are high! Unless money is no object then you have nothing to worry about.
My cocktail arrived which was not bad, however the fruit prices were basically just a can of peaches dumped in.
My wife got her mint tea. After and hour and 15 minutes we ordered the check. At which point they brought out the cheese cake for my wife along with the check. If your wondering about my dessert or water bottle those didn't arrive, I had to ask for the check 3 times .
In the bill they charge for the water bottle , which they removed after we told them about it, however do expect a 8 dollar charge for the plate of nuts that they place complimentary on your table.
To be honest I don't blame them for the prices or the bad service they know people are there for the view and they don't care, the place looks so old and is falling apart, you can see the rust on the walls, and they were recently shut down by the government for their unsanitary kitchen.
Definitely not recommended.