New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Kuwait City
“Don't waste your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Well this hotel was recommended to me by a freind saying that it's the new and hip place to stay in Kuwait, so i booked for 2 night when I was there on business.

I booked online, but because my flight arrived at 6 pm i called the hotel to make sure that the reservation would still be valid after 4, and they said yes.

So they picked me up from the airport in a maserati which was a super plus and I thought this would be a fantastic hotel. I checked into the hotel, the bathroom sink was closed, and with no way to keep it open, the hot water was spitting brown water out. The bathtub drain was blocked with rose petals!! So I called reception and they said they will send someone, no one showed up. I told the receptionist when I was going out for dinner and he said they will take care of it by the time I'm back.

While having dinner my friend told me that they have this special promo where u get 50% on the second night you stay there. So I asked the receptionist about when I came back, and she said yes of course let me check with the manager, then the manager said sorry we don't have anymore rooms for that promo.

The sink was not fixed when i came back, so the second day I told the receptionist again, and asked for the manager because I wanted to extend one more night. So I spoke to the manager who was different thAn the one I spoke to the night before, and asked her if they have a promo, she said yes and that it should be applicable for the third night, so she checked with her booking department and said that the offer is not available for people who booked online!! Didn't make any sense to me,it was like they were making different excuses every time.

Long story short, the sink was never fixed, there is no bottle opener in the room to open fizzy bottles, and the coffee machine didn't work, the mini bar is free but it practically has nothing in it.they have 3 bags of cheap potato chips.

In conclusion, not worth paying 365$ a night for this hotel...

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pascal G, General Manager at Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Nehmaiz,

Thank you for sharing your feed back from your recent stay with us. We are really sorry to hear about your disappointing experiences. Obviously we did not meet your expectations. We will be reviewing all points in detail with the team and they will form part of our ongoing improvement program as we would really like you to experience us in a better light , hopefully during a future visit. Hope you are able to return and to give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Missoni Kuwait. At the same time I would really like to discuss the above with you, in some way, to go towards making it right. For this please contact me directly!

Pascal Gadet
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
Kuwait City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

The only problem was in the 1st night where the street noise was loud, otherwise this hotel rocks, still new not all the facilities are functional

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Bo_3eza
Dear "Bo_3eza",

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Hotel Missoni and am happy to learn that you were overall pleased. Yes, we have addressed the issue of the street noise and at the same time sorry that it had caused you some disturbance. All facilities are now fully in operation such as our lounge - restaurant “Luna” located at the 18th floor of Hotel Missoni, featuring a unique blend of Arabic oriental and Mediterranean cuisine with breathtaking views of the Gulf and Six Senses Spa offering a wide range of massages and face & body treatments including some new Middle Eastern treatments, in addition to a separate fitness area for ladies and men with the latest state-of-the-art exercise equipment.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

warm regards

Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

I was very exited prior to my stay at the Hotel Missoni as I had read a lot of positive articles in the media and the pictures looked lovely. The rooms, lobby, ballroom and restaurants look great!
All rooms look over the cornice! I loved the design!! Unfortunately there are a lot of operational issues! Maybe it will get better if the hotel is open longer and they get passed the “learning by doing” phase. First blow was that the pool was closed and empty due to a stand storm. But should it not take less than 5 days to resolve that problem? There is no ash tray in front of the non smoking hotel and when we asked where to put the stubs they said: “I don’t know.” My friends room flooded when taking a shower as the floor was uneven, he had to do a reminder call after 15 minutes as nobody had showed up and the carpet was getting wet! And here is a question for you: what is the point in brining an ironing board with no iron and not informing your guests that staff would iron it free of charge. The internet in the business corner was so slow that it was impossible to work.
A lot of staff are trainees from Italy who have just left colleague, I don’t think this is the adequate staff for a 5* hotel. A lot of staff seemed very un routined and no smooth operation.
For what it was I thought it was absolutely overpriced, I don’t think the value for money is fair.
Been there, seen it, done it, but will not come back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear "Whatsupnext"

Thank you for your detailed feedback on your experience at Hotel Missoni Kuwait. We are really sorry to hear that our hotel and our service didn’t meet your expectations. Yes, we had just opened when you visited us and by now have been able to fine tune our operation and services further.
We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once more at Hotel Missoni and to let you experience the real “Missoni journey”! I would be glad to personally meet you in this regard so please feel free to contact us at any time.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

This is a tough review to write as superficially this hotel is cutting edge and ticks all the boxes you would expect from a designer hotel but for reasons that are difficult to describe it wasn't quite right - for me.

I spent one night here this week on a short business trip to Kuwait - my first trip to Kuwait. The hotel had just opened a few weeks before and as such much of my quibbles may well become redundant as the hotel beds down.

Location : i am not sure about the geography of Kuwait - but my drives to meetings was not long. I took a taxi from the airport and not one of the 5-6 taxi drivers knew where the hotel was. Once we established where it was it took 20 minutes.

Hotel is visually striking : lobby is.... different. Lots of bright colours and brash designs. Very contemporary and I am sure reflective of the designer Missoni.

The rooms were a good size. Same theme of decorations : lots of pinks and oranges and turquoises - not my thing but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am sure that to many this is the epitome of style. Small niggles: no suitcase stand, fussy controls for lights, curtains etc, jotting pads had the previous guests scribbles still on them, shower was poor and a loosely attached shower head meant that I soaked the ceiling and bathroom by mistake. Nice touches : lovely bang and olufsen TV and sound system throughout the room and bathroom was very very good, free wifi and an excellent bed.

Food : had breakfast and lunch here - both were excellent: high quality and very well presented.

Service was good : most of the staff are from Italy - perhaps that is just an opening thing but they were very good.

Facilities : spa was not yet open and the somewhat funky pool was incredibly cold despite it being 38c outside. Unswimmable. Staff were aware but couldn't solve the problem

In summary : a very 'designer' hotel. I think for the people to whom this would appeal this is the hotel to stay at in Kuwait - for me next time something a little more old fashioned.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mungo888
Dear "Mungo888"

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Hotel Missoni. I was happy to read all your feed back , overall good and some not so good. We have taken note of all and have since addressed the valuable points you have raised. May we take the opportunity to inform you that we have now opened our lounge - restaurant “Luna” located at the 18th floor of Hotel Missoni, featuring a unique blend of Arabic oriental and Mediterranean cuisine with breathtaking views of the Gulf and Six Senses Spa offering a wide range of massages and face & body treatments including some new Middle Eastern treatments, in addition to a separate fitness area for ladies and men with the latest state-of-the-art exercise equipment.

Thank you again and hoping to welcome you back at Hotel Missoni in the very near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

I'll start this review by saying that I've been a long-time fan of Hotel Missoni and have been looking forward to this particular hotel even when it was barely a few floors overground. Walking into a month-old property with high expectations seems a bit of a stretch, but when you've been waiting this long, who wouldn't?

Missoni Hotels are known for being wildly colorful and energetic, with the individual property's colors chosen to reflect the surroundings of the hotel itself [all by choice of Missoni co-founder and matriarch Rosita Missoni, of course]. Hotel Missoni Edinburgh, for example, features a color palette of whites, blacks and greys to fit in with the more muted Scottish climate while the Kuwaiti hotel is full of gold and blue to emphasize sun, sand and sea. Bold splashes of color and pattern are everywhere, so expect the unexpected.

LOCATION: Hotel Missoni Kuwait occupies a large beige building with direct frontage on Arabian Gulf Road, Kuwait's most popular thoroughfare. It forms part of the Symphony Centre, which includes offices and a mall [due to house high-end/luxury brands and restaurants; it's also opening around August/September this year]. The location in Salmiya puts the hotel within walking distance of several major shopping malls and restaurants, as well as the Scientific Center and a seaside walking path.

ENTRANCE/LOBBY: The hotel entrance is on the side of the building and there is no streetside signage yet, so getting there might be a bit tricky. The entrance itself is clearly marked and features two large, colorful mosaic urns by the driveway as well as a valet desk. You enter the lobby through a gold vestibule. The lobby itself is mostly in pink and purple, with furniture upholstered in traditional Missoni stripes and patterns. A wall on the left has several gold discs that act as fountains for an indoor water feature. Two reception desks handle incoming guests and general requests. Overall, a beautiful space to be in, albeit a bit feminine with all the pink. Check-in was efficient and the staff polite and professional; none of the traditional new hotel teething problems seen here.

ROOMS: We were escorted to the thirteenth floor by hotel staff. Our room was a Missoni Maggiore - junior suite, in conventional talk - with a separate bedroom, living room and guest bathroom. All rooms in the hotel have an incredible view overlooking the Gulf as well as the Kuwait City skyline, so killer views can be expected from all rooms on all floors. The suite itself carried over the bold color scheme seen in the lobby - purple and turquoise walls, gold couches, pink tables, multi-color pillows and even a striped blanket on a green armchair. There was also a small dining table with three Wegner wishbone chairs in the living room, as well as a large couch that covered the length of the window. There were Bang & Olufsen televisions in the living room and bedroom, as well as an espresso machine and tea facilities. The bedroom features two chairs and a bed facing the window for an unbeatable view. The ensuite bathroom had a bathtub, toilet, bidet and single vanity sink with a television built into the mirror. All curtains are electronically controlled. All room rates include complimentary laundry of two items, free high-speed Internet access [wired and wireless], free breakfast at Cucina as well as offering all contents of the minibar free of charge!

FOOD/BEVERAGE: We ate breakfast at Cucina, the main Italian-influenced restaurant the morning of our departure. The buffet at breakfast was a bit on the small side but what it lacked in size it made up with in freshness - all pastries, cakes and items were made the same morning or picked up within hours of being displayed [as they should]. There is also a menu displaying the complimentary a la carte options, including Arabic breakfast options and the pancake/waffle/egg station. The food was amazing; most of their supplies are actually flown in from Italy. The restaurant decoration is beautiful - blue is the general color, with stripes of black and white as well as gold surfaces and flowery patterns; sophisticated without being garish or obnoxious. We had drinks [non-alcoholic... this is Kuwait, after all] at both pool bars. The drinks were fresh, the service extremely friendly and the vibe fantastic; the sea-view deck is stunning, especially at night. There is also the Choco Cafe [as the name implies, a space specializing in desserts and light meals] on the ground floor with an outdoor terrace; a new venue, called Luna, will open on the eighteenth floor in May with panoramic views over the city and sea and a Middle Eastern-Italian fusion menu.

LEISURE: The hotel's large pool on the second floor is the hands-down winner. Tiled in several colorful stripes using hand-lain mosaics, it's jawdropping to look at. There are plenty of deck chairs around, as well as several circular day beds and tall chairs covered in colored pillows. There is a small children's pool to the side of the main one; this one is circular and features colorful concentric circles as an alternative to the striped tiling in the other pool. The main pool was refreshingly chilly but I was told that it is heated during the warmer months, while the children's pool was very warm. Two changing rooms with showers are available next to the main pool. There are two pool bars; one of them is wood-decked, elevated and covered with a tent that changes color at night. The other bar is on the other side of the deck, with big circular chairs and striped umbrellas. The overall space is very glamorous; I can easily imagine photo shoots being conducted here. There is a small gym on the third floor that is accessed by keycard. The hotel will feature a huge Six Senses Spa [opening in May] that will house the actual gym, several treatment rooms, saunas, steam rooms, Hammams and a juice bar.

FACILITIES: As mentioned, the hotel is part of the Symphony Centre which places it directly above a three-story mall. There is direct access to and from the mall from within the lobby. The hotel has a beautiful ballroom [already becoming a popular venue in wedding-crazy Kuwait], several conference rooms and a business center with several workstations; all traditional and expected offerings from a five-star hotel.

SERVICE: Ah, the service. I expected that there might be a few problems with the staff since the hotel is still brand new, but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff are, simply put, beautiful people. Most of them are Italian [along with members from Lebanon, Morocco, India and over ten other countries], so it feels like you're staying in Europe or outside the Middle East. They're all very professional, smiling and seem to love their job - and it shows when you're a guest. I was staying here as part of a surprise for my mother's birthday and all of my requests were fulfilled down to the last details and exceeded; the room was littered with rose petals, a bouquet of flowers and a chocolate cake, the general manager provided complimentary boxes of chocolates and a fruit basket and platter of chocolates, macaroons and chocolate-dipped strawberries were also brought up! We felt amazingly taken care of and appreciated every effort provided by the staff. Hats off to your staff, Missoni.

OVERALL: Hotel Missoni's Middle Eastern debut is off to a smashing start. Wonderful staff, gorgeous spaces and top-notch facilities have easily made this Kuwait's brightest star; I can easily see it becoming a see-and-be-seen hotspot. We can't wait to return to the hotel and wish everyone here the best.

Grazie mille, Missoni!

Room Tip: Spring for the suites.