All reviews bab al bahrain central location three nights souk airport luxury
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel last year but then had to cancel due to a change of plans. I cancelled well within the free cancellation period but they still charged me! Over the next 5 months they used every avoidance trick in the book. In the end Hotels.com refunded me as I booked through them. I'm sure if they hadn't been involved the hotel wouldn't of bothered to even liaise with me. Sometimes cheap can also be nasty!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2015

Great price which was a fairly quick journey from the airport. Staff were friendly. Was given a room on the top floor on the corner with a nice evening view of the street activity below. The mini-bar was quite well stocked. It was possible to smoke in the room but i preferred to smoke on the balcony. I didn't get up in time for the breakfast. The water pressure on the top floor was weak in the showers but the bathroom was clean. Wifi worked well. Great Value hotel in a fairly expensive country. The area was perfectly safe too.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank DENXIL
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I stayed two nights in this hotel. At the reception they help me parking the car, which came out to be free parking. The hotel is extremely well located right in the center, along many busy streets and famous central market. The bedroom was nice, clean, spacious and comfortable. I didn't have any towel or toilette paper, so I had to go and ask in the reception. WIFI Internet was free and with strong signal. The view from my room was great since I got an upper floor.

Room Tip: Chose upper floor rooms for great views
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank joaoleitao
Reviewed 23 November 2015

And I like the location too ... down in the Souq area. The off-site parking has always worked out for me too ... although the car park is generally full. They'll squeeze it in somehow. However, like me, this hotel has seen better days. They try to keep it reasonably clean, but you can't escape small visitors in the bathroom in an old property like this. (Keep the plugs inserted). It would have been nice to hop into a time machine and see what it was like 10 years ago - when Celebrity was still running. But hey - you can go to the Filipino church held in the breakfast room (I think they do breakfast) on Fridays at 10:30.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2015

I was only at this place for one night. The location is fine if you want to be near the bus station and in the Souk area. If you don't then I guess you should probably chose somewhere else. As you know taxis aren't the cheapest in Bahrain so you should probably limit your usage.
The hotel is old and you can tell, the AC was average and the room had a certain smell to it. The TV wouldn't switch on but maybe that was due to my own technical incompetence. The WiFi was fine but I was on the 5th floor. There were a few unidentifiable insects knocking around.
I've stayed at other places in Manama that were in the same price range and probably better. If you want to be in stumbling distance of say Diggers then this could be the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo