“Marriott doesn't disappoint” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Doha
“Marriott doesn't disappoint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I'm an American working for the State Department in Doha, Qatar. I visited Bahrain recently and stayed at the Marriott Executive Apartments in Manama, actually on the recommendation of a friend who regularly stays there. I couldn’t have been more satisfied. I was upgraded to a two bedroom suite which was very spacious and well appointed, wonderful view, great, kitchen with very nice dishes, silverware, appliances, etc. – housekeeping was very thorough, providing some extra items I requested in a very timely manner. The linens, beds and pillows lived up to their wonderful Marriott reputation, in fact I think this time I’m going to take the leap and buy my own.
I'm a smoker so it was nice to have the option of a smoking room, although smoking is not permitted in public areas. The staff throughout the property took good care of me, were courteous and incredibly helpful. Being a single woman traveling alone I was a little nervous, but could not have felt more secure both in the hotel and around Manama. The staff went out of their way to suggest places of interest that I would enjoy, and the best and most secure way to get there. Oh, and did I mention the wonderful food on the property! I wanted to experience local cafes, but found the food so good at the Marriott that I tended to eat there most of the time. A wonderful experience in Bahrain all the way around – I'll definitely go back to the Marriott on my next trip!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MEABAHRAIN, Director of Sales at Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Marriott Executive Apartments during your recent visit to Bahrain.
I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you again when you are next in Bahrain.

Please feel free to contact me via email: Marwan.haddad@marriott.com or via phone on +9731736399 in case you require assistance in purchasing the Marriott bedding.

Once again thank you so much for your business.

Best regards,

Director of Sales
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Manama, Bahrain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Do not let the beauty of this hotel fool you. Americans are not treated well here. This is suppose to be a non-smoking hotel, but local nationals are allowed to smoke and inconvenience non-smokers. Americans are given substandard rooms with non-working applicances and not treated well. Security is also a concern, a formal complaint has been submitted to the State Department to warn Americans not to stay here.

Room Tip: Stay at the Gulf Hotel, you will be treated well, and have the necessary security.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing the Marriott Executive Apartments during your last business trip to Bahrain.
We understand your concern about the smoking. Please be informed that the law in Bahrain allows each hotel to have a choice of smoking and non smoking apartments which is different from the non- smoking policy Marriott International applies in the United States of America. Marriott Executive Apartments are in full compliance with Marriott security standards and policies as well as the “Bahrain US Naval Base” security requirements. As the safety and security of our guests and associates is a top priority we will ensure investigating your mentioned concern.

Once again thank you for your business and please let us know whenever you are next in Bahrain so that I can introduce myself personally. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance. I can be reached via phone on +973 17363999 or via email on: marwan.haddad@marriott.com.

Best regards

Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

My wife and I stayed 3 nights here, and this is the last of the '5 star' hotels in Manama we have tried. The room was exceedingly roomy and comfortable, with plenty of space to stretch out and relax whether it is in the sitting area or on the wonderful bed. The kitchenette was very convenient with all the appliances you could need, as well as cups, saucers, plates, utensils and real knives! The wireless internet was good with the ability for multiple laptops (both mine and my wife's) to log in at the same time. The speed was painfully slow to begin with, but got better during our stay. Overall, this is the largest and most comfortable room you will find in town. On the down side, there were a few things that kept it from being the 'best' place we had stayed in Manama. First, there is no valet parking and the last thing I wanted to do after a long drive was to search for parking in their underground garage then try to find my way to the room. Second, the toiletries provided were just the basic shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion in very small quantities. Even so called lesser hotels provide shower caps, shaving kits, ear tips, etc. What surprised us the most was that the toiletries were not restocked when the room was serviced! So if the shampoo was used up, there was no new bottle provided. The main bathroom had about 1/3 of a roll of toilet paper when we checked in, with no stock to resupply. We had to call for more. Likewise, the coffee, sugar, etc that we used on the first day was not restocked in the kitchen. We paid an extra 5BD per day to get the breakfast buffet, but it was not worth it. Unless you do not have transportation to go somewhere else (or your own food to cook in the kitchen), the selection was small and not kept very hot. The eggs made to order were good, though. The staff were all very friendly and helpful when needed. The comfort of the large room is the main thing that will bring us back. Otherwise, the service did not live up to the 'best in town'.

Room Tip: Even the basic rooms are huge and more than comfortable for two. Skip the breakfast buffet - perhaps...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MEABAHRAIN, Director of Sales at Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear Sir,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Executive Apartments, Manama Bahrain during your recent visit to Bahrain.

We do appreciate your constructive feedback. It is with feedback from our guests that allow us to improve our service and product offering.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our spacious apartments and that you will be coming back to stay with us in the near future. Rest assured that you will notice a difference in the breakfast offering.
I was surprised to learn that your toiletries were not replenished, as this is our standard and the same applies to the coffee, tea, etc. in the room. We have highlighted your concern to our housekeeping team and re-emphasized the Marriott service standard. I am sure you will notice the difference during your next stay.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and your business. I look forward to welcoming you personally during your next stay with us. Please do let me know the date of your next visit to Bahrain.

Kinds regards

Director of Sales
Marriott Executive Apartments, Manama Bahrain.
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed here during the unrest in late March 2011, and the staff was very helpful. After one day, they knew me and my colleague by name, and they were very helpful during our stay. The rooms had ample space and were very comfortably furnished. The location is a bit detached from all the happenings, but in this case, that was desirable. This hotel was spot on in every way.

Oh, the restaurant was quite nice, too.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lawrence H
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Incredible service! Returned for a second time after being gone for five months and many of the staff still remembered our names. Maria even remembered our preferences for breakfast in the morning...outstanding!

Room Tip: Choose this for your travel!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business