“Expected more from the gulf hotel”
Review of Royal Thai

Royal Thai
Ranked #257 of 609 Restaurants in Manama
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 60
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The restaurant is situated in a grand pagoda in the grounds of the hotel's tropical gardens and provides scenic views overlooking the turquoise waters of the outdoor swimming pool. The authenticity of this exotic setting is further enhanced inside the restaurant as guests are greeted with enchanting Asian décor and world class Thai cuisine. A spectacular seafood menu offers visitors a huge choice of temptation with lobster, crab, snow fish and hamour that can be fried, steamed, curried and spiced to perfection by the culinary team.
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I hadn't been to this restaurant in years. My memories from before were quite good.

We were the only guests in the restaurant at the time. The waitresses were not attentive at all and were unable to smile. When the food and drinks arrived i thanked them and the response i received was an awkward silence. I was also surprised and disappointed that you serve red wine chilled. When i asked for ambient temperature wine i was informed it wasn't possible. The food arrived hot and quickly.......but i feel the numerous thai restaurants in juffair are much better in terms of food quality.

As my friend and i left the near empty restaurant, we walked right past what appeared to be the supervisor and a waitress. Neither were able to break away from their conversation to say goodbye or thank us for coming.

Overall a mediocre experience and definitely won't return.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

My family and I visited the Royal Thai last night (again) and had a really nice evening. My family really enjoyed the food and the chilled atmosphere. The service was great and our server Madan was friendly, attentive and courteous.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Loved the sea food curry and beef Thai herbs, and amazing service by Madan Good selection of food. Excellent recommendation. Thank you so much, we'll come back

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The ambiance, decor, music of the Royal Thai make it a nice gathering place for a Thai experience. Yet, the food is lacking in authenticity. Every time I have been there, it's never busy and we seem to be the lone diners. That said, the wait staff are pleasant and attentive, but not super knowledgeable about the menu, Thai food or the drink list. I'll come back to enjoy the other aspects of the hotel, but not highlight the dining, though first time visitors will enjoy it.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Madan was very nice to my group. Excellent service and food. Thanks for the staff in royal thai the service and the atmosphere of the restaurant are exlan