“Coffee lovers..come on in!”
Review of Crust & Crema

Crust & Crema
Ranked #6 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Manama
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 29
Description: A Specialty cafe of the third wave. The first of its kind in Bahrain. Being a micro-roastery, and café, we feature dessert cakes, pastries, breads along with breakfast, sandwiches, soups, and salads. Coffee lovers will be able to enjoy a true global experience, the freshest coffees (single origins) from around the world through espresso or filter techniques.
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Coffee is outstanding in this place! They have freshly roasted beans from all over the world. The oldest roast I found here was on 5 days old.
I give them 5/5 for thier coffee.
The food pretty good 4/5

1  Thank Raed A

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Delicious variety of breakfasts, flavor coffee.
Nice decorate, try it and you'll feel the difference.

1  Thank Om F
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Amazing coffee , withe amazing sweet
More then 10 types of beans that mean these is professional coffee shop
V60

1  Thank Journey320866
Reviewed 27 September 2016

By far most Crust and Cream serves the best coffee in Bahrain right now, if you are looking for a wide varieties of Coffee types as well as different ways to prepare the coffee that's the café to visit.
They serve good sandwiches too and have a good cakes.

I started going there regularly once I tried it for the first time last year.

1  Thank mohamedsanad
Reviewed 8 August 2016

So I'm thinking this is a coffee joint, but it's not actually, I have no clue why I thought this way, on hindsight the name crust and crema dont convey coffee.

So anyway, their food menu is good, I tried the turkey sandwich, best sandwich I've had in a while, it was tasty and I enjoyed the sandwich. The restaurant staff were friendly and again, I'd like to say that the sandwich was friggin delicious.

The coffee on the other hand was weaker than hot sauce. First off , it wasnt hot when it was served, it tasted alright, but the fact that it wasnt hot really put me off. The saving grace in this meal...was the sandwich. I don't know what the heck it was but the these guys bake their own bread, maybe that has something to do with it.
Dont touch their cookies...those need work.
So why did I give them an average rating, 2 out 3 items werent upto the mark. Their food is good, their cookies and coffee aren't.

CrustandCrema, Owner at Crust & Crema, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your visit, and your detailed review. We are glad that you enjoyed our turkey sandwich so much, but a bit shameful on our part that the experience wasn't the same with our coffee and cookies.
Our name, Crust & Crema (crust as in bread crust, and crema for the golden layer in an espresso) was to convey both bakery and coffee, as a "café, roaster, bakery". This is where one would get fresh roasted specialty grade coffee, as well as home made artisan breads.
Our coffees compared to other coffee chains can taste very different, especially to the general crowd who enjoy their coffee at chains and establish them as standards.
We see ourselves different in the fact that we offer fresh micro-roasted beans along with a wide variety of single origins. The clear difference is also the taste, that we tend to be lighter than the rest, but more flavorful than the average.
Your visit did not produce an experience of what we would have hoped. If you had ordered from the espresso bar, we certainly would not have an excuse for warm coffee. Unless there was an issue with the machine, the only reason could have been that the coffee was served a bit late. If you had ordered from our brew bar, we brew the coffee from 88 - 95 degrees Celsius range as a standard. As for the cookies, we would love to hear more input from you on how we could do better.
We would appreciate if you can give us another chance, and for our baristas to better cater to your needs.