Ways to Experience Jabal al-Nour
All reviews clock tower masjidil haram cave ghar climbing quran islam makkah peace nur taxi footsteps feeling mount soul
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

I made this journey while on my Ummrah 2015 visit. It's a must do. I made a mistake in not going straight after fajar salah. I went with my wife, sister and brother in law after asar prayer. It was scorching hot conditions. I had Sciatica down my right leg, but masha allah I still went to the top. Took me 1hr40 mins to climb up. But it was worth it. You feel a lot of warmth from this blessed mountain, where our prophet (PBUH) once were also. Take alot of fluid as you will need it. And remembere me in your duas.

Date of experience: June 2015
3  Thank Aachoo
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

The journey to the top of the mountain is very hectic. One should bring fruits and drinks. And hira cave is so small and it's only for one person.

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed 4 December 2015

The Cave of Hira is located on top of Jabal Al-Nour about 3 km from Mecca. It is the location believed where Prophet Mohammed received his first revelation from god by the angel Jebril/ Gabriel.

It is about 600 steps to reach the cave, if your relativity fit it should not take you more than 30-40min to get to the top. Their are two points where you will find people selling cold drinks.

The site itself is not considered a religious one but its worth a visit when your in makkah and try to go early in the day or late in the evening. Avoid it around mid day so you don't get a heat stroke.

Date of experience: November 2015
6  Thank Susu_SA1
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Little Far from the Holy Mosque, Not difficult to climb but its better if you leave at fajar! In hot days its little bit tiring.

Date of experience: December 2014
3  Thank Dentist_MM
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Absoluetly, its a lot of Noor still there, just try to see or feel that Noor, when you go there. Just think yourself Infront of Allah.

Date of experience: May 2015