“Great Umrah” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 337 Hotels in Mecca
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
“Great Umrah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

was at Zamzam for 3 nights and it was a great stay there ,,food was very good and we really enjoied i and my family .. wish to go back soon

Room Tip: was a good
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mahmoud13
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here During Ramadan 2011. Fantastic Location! but VERY busy indeed. I was exhausted by the time I got to my room. Theres a huge food court below the hotel and like a shopping mall which is PACKED with 1000s and 1000s of people.

It took my us a while to check in and not a smooth one either. We booked a Kaba View which they said was all full? We were in Ihraam so we had to have PATIENCE and thankfully after my husband standing his ground we got the Kaba view. The sad thing was it took my husband over 1 hour asking to speak to one manager to another. Luckily i speak and understand Arabic and all I can hear in Arabic 'hurry hurry check them in just say full hurry hurry!!' it was rather chaotic. Yet all around me they were sugar coating the Local arabs and giving them what they demanded (Understanding Arabic and speaking it is a bonus in this hotel!!) finally We got to our room very simple and large, not very clean as there were crumbs on the floor? but enough for us to perform our Wudoo and perform the Umrah. It was such a shame that by the time we did Umrah we felt like the workers had spoilt our mood. I said to my husband lets put this bumpy check in to one side and perform our Umrah ( Which ALWAYS runs beautifully)

The room again was very simple and for a BIG hotel they dont really have irons? I found the room service to be very pricey compared to other hotels. Yet we popped into the food court. There so many many broasted places around no shortage of food in the area.

I am sure this hotel is PERFECT and will run SMOOTHLY OFF SEASON reading the other comments. but during Ramadan and hajj time it is SO SO BUSY and everything is rather hectic. Checking out also took alot of time. and we had to wait a while underground for the taxi very very smokey down there.

Would i stay here again? Yes OFF SEASON NOT DURING RAMADAN. Inshallah we are planning to perform Umrah this Ramadan 2012 and we are looking at the Hilton or ANY opposite the Kaba but the stress of zam zam is so tiring! we are both in our 20s but it was just physically challenging the hustle and bustle of going in and out.

Some one wrote "Hotel from Hell?" Astagfirllah it is not that BAD and even using the word Hell to a hotel in Mecca Minutes away from The holiest place in the world! Shame on you. It is an expensive hotel but with the VOLUME of people you cant expect the same care you would get in a holiday resort.

Room Tip: stand your ground! be firm but polite
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Lameece
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met upon check in. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations
Thank you for your feedback and this give us a pleasured of encourage to do more better services to all our valuable guests
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

The hotel is very near from King Abdul Aziz Gate, the main entrance of Al Haram. I have been here. The hotel is classy oh by the way of course it's 5-stars. The room staffs were very friendly. But, I think and I feel that the receptionist and restaurant staffs were hard to smile and not showing their hospitality.

Room Tip: Try to book hotel which has kaba view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank HariPrasetyo
We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us .Thank you very much for the positive comments. We work hard to offer good food and friendly, efficient service, and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon
Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

glad to be in Mecca. We stay in zamzam every year and enjoy the stay
Check in is slow due to big crowd. 36 floors. But once your in it's great. Haram is very near and outside servoces plenty so don.t use the hotels except for big breakfast buffet which keeps us going all morning. I remember the old days in Mecca and Medina with the small hotels with fond memories but nothing stays the same.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ajww
Jakarta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

the convenient location which is right in front of King Abdul Aziz gate of Masjidil Haram is marred by the poor service from the front office staff. My room key card doesn't work for several times a day so I kept coming back to the front office to get it fixed. However it seems that they are not trained to handle women properly. I have stood in line and just when I got right in front of the staff, he chose to ignore me and served another Arabic male. I don't know what's the problem because this happens several times. Because of this, I have to ask another male in my group to fix my room key card to the front staff and he was just served well. I've been meaning to ask to the manager, "What is your staff's problem with serving women?".
I've stayed in other hotels in Mecca and Medina and have never been treated as poorly as I was in Grand Zamzam suites. The hotel's service really doesn't reflect the "Grand" name.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank boonnah
We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations