I recently visited this hotel in June 2012. I went with my family 2 adults and 2 kids.
Check-In/Out: Was reasonably quick. They accept all major credit cards. Bellman assisted us with our bags. Get ready to go through security check before getting in (it's pretty quick you just put your baggage through an airport style screening machine).
Room: We had a suite with a Kaaba view, and it was breathtaking! Excellent amenities, good quality and very clean.
Location: Although the location is close, give yourself at least 10-20 minutes to reach the haram. You have to go down 2 sets of elevators to reach the mall level, from there its about a 10 minute walk into the haram. You will not be able to reach the haram in time if the azan has already been called and you are still in your room - reason being is it gets very crowded in front of the haram entrance at that time.
- Buffet breakfast at the restaurant is great, a huge selection of items. I was really concerned about the amount of wasteage however. People tend to take too much for some reason and just leave food wasted. We had dinner in the hotel as well - it is pricey
- The mall is huge, and has a very large food court with all the popular restaurants (hardees, pizza hut, burger king...etc)
- Kaaba view was awesome, they have live azan and prayer audio in your room
- Long walk to the haram (although it's all indoors mostly)
- Location is too extravagant, it feels awkward going through a mall to get to the haram, you loose the sense of peacefulness. One may forget the purpose that they are in Makkah for (i.e. to do prayer) because of this.
- Finding the hotel for the first time through the mall can be challenging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps away from the holiest site in Islam, Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel is the iconic symbol of hospitality for people from around the globe who have gathered to worship, reflect and contemplate. Standing as the tallest concrete building in the world with 76 floors, Makkah Clock Royal Tower is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdulaziz Endowment project. Its soaring height and proximity to Al Masjid Al Haram allow guests to enjoy unmatched breathtaking views from 945 rooms and suites, while 76 elevators provide easy access to and from Al Masjid Al Haram. The hotel also offers 10 delicious dining options ranging from innovative Asian fusion to the first five-star Saudi restaurant in Makkah. Other amenities include: a female and male fitness center, a Kids Corner playroom, a 24-hour business center, more than 3200 meter squared of flexible function space, and eight state-of-the-art meeting rooms. For the height of exclusive service and privacy, Fairmont Gold promises guests a ‘hotel within a hotel’ experience through a range of privileges like a private reception and 24-hour butler service.. A seamless fusion of Arab hospitality, modern comfort and signature Fairmont service, combine to create an unforgettable experience in this divine setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel Mecca