All reviews international menu short walking distance iron and ironing board concierge staff hajj season shower room rooms are small stayed for nights nice hotel clock tower direct access room service front desk abraj al bait holy mosque shopping centre grand mosque
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I enjoyed my stay in this Hotel & was extremely pleased with most things. My only problem was that the room did not have hot water availability through out the day. I had my aged parents traveling with me who found it difficult.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with swissotel.com
AccorMakkah H, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Swissôtel Al Maqam Makkah.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured, we have taken your comment into account and we will share it with the concerned department. We would also like to know more details about your stay with us.
Looking forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

With the exception of the location and rooms it has been disappointing stay at 5 stars hotel, throughout my travels in the last 35 years Swissotel Almaqam unfortunately is way below expectations at 5 stars hotel.

Review collected in partnership with swissotel.com
AccorMakkah H, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the unique location of Swissôtel Al Maqam Makkah near the Grand Mosque.
We would like to know more about what inconvenienced your stay.

We hope we will get another chance to make your next stay satisfying.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

at arrival they gave me a different room other than what i booked, and they tried to convince me of that, they didn't recognize the print out of my booking, and they tried to charge me more , before someone else from staff explain to them that its already paid even though i had an evidence,

Dear Hamorabi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Swissôtel Al Maqam Makkah. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us maintain our level of services and improve when needed.
Rest assured, your comment is taken into account and will be shared with the concerned department. We would also like to know more details about your stay with us.
Hopefully, we will get the chance to better serve you.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Bad check in and out they gave me not like what i booked from booking web site no response to my complaints ..my reservation was in swiss otel makkah but they transferred me to this hotel ..bathroom was dirty .wash senk was blocked

1  Thank عوض ا
AccorMakkah H, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. At Swissôtel Al Maqam Makkah, guest satisfaction is our top priority; that is why your feedback is very important to us as it helps us maintain our level of services and improve when needed.
Rest assured, all your comments are taken into account and will be shared with the concerned department to prevent their recurrence.
Hopefully, we will get the chance to better serve you.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Location is excellent at short walking distance to the Haram. Front desk officers, concierge, house-keeping, restaurant members of staff are friendly, hospitable, polite-specifically front desk officers make guests feel comfortable and at home besides high respect to elders. Checkin was fair as due to number of guests it slowed down process. Check in time at 16.00 hrs is far-request 15.00 hrs .By mistake, I was overall overcharged by over $600. Moreover, I was additionally overcharged at room rate higher than the rate quoted thru booking dot.com. This is not acceptable. Checkout officer noticed the overall overcharge which was mentioned in the invoice and was polite and promised a refund. Hotels seems to have been at full capacity at the weekend, and lifts were slow to go up or down especially at peak periods of prayers. Porters were using guests lifts and it looks like there is no service lift. Although there were plenty of lifts, some were closed. Cleanliness of hotel and rooms were superb. Furniture, amenities in the rooms were satisfactory. We found no slippers on room 4620. Breakfast was very good with much varieties. We request more cut-fruits as only watermelon is provided. Although 4 dishes of eggs, we request additional dish of fried eggs. Restaurant staff members were efficient and friendly, and coping up with the rush. Room service is quick of no more than half hr. Food quality was very good. We request additional cheese varieties . Btw, I need mention the security guards and concierge staff who are extremely polite, friendly, hospitable excellent manners and quick. Overall the standard of the hotel is high, but there is a feeling that reservation and front desks officers lack experience and there should be system interlink between reservation and front desk to avoid overcharge (which is totally unacceptable) besides more training.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple