All reviewsroman amphitheaterother guestsdowntown ammandouble bedcentral positiongreat location and helpful staffborder crossingsingle nightincluded in the room ratehot showerjordanian breakfastsmall hotelplace to staybooked this hotelhome away from homenice roomrainbow street
Reviewed 30 September 2017

The highlights of this hotel have to be it's location (about 10mins walk from downtown Amman) and it's quaint breakfast room and terrace with splendid views of the Roman amphitheater right opposite.

The staff were nice, kind and helpful and the breakfast was quite good (although it would be nice to have an option for some plain-old toast or cereal along with the more Jordanian options).

The rooms are quite basic and small (two beds and some shelving - no other furniture) - which we were expecting and the bathroom's decor is quite beautiful. For some reason we were given a twin room (even though we booked a double-room and our booking confirmation included the dimensions of the double bed!). We also had some misunderstanding with the staff with regards to how much we had to pay for our first night since we were arriving at the hotel at 5am. At first they said we'd be charged for half a night and then they changed their minds and said we'd need to pay for a full night.

Nevertheless we felt very safe staying here and since the hotel is in a private gated alley it was a nice quiet place to stay in Amman. All

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Zaman H, Manager at Zaman Ya Zaman Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

We really appreciate it when people take the time to post a review and a recommendation. Thanks for pointing out the fact our staff are extremely accommodating and friendly. Regarding the breakfast - we hope that our guests will enjoy the different local food, but I m looking at adding the items you mentioned, thanks for your useful suggestion.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I would have rate this 3 due to the fact that we booked 2 rooms with 3 single bed on a shared T&B, but unfortunately we were given 1 room with 2 double bed with T&B and the 2nd room with 1 double and 1 single bed... I'm on the 2nd room and we manage to sleep comfortably by removing the top mattress of the double bed and placing it on the floor ...and instantly we have 3 separate bed..., Chaddi is very apologetic and he even assisted us in parking our car across the street since parking on front of the bldg. which is the main road is only up to 7am otherwise it will be tow...and Mary the lady cook was very nice to prepare our food first since were on our way to Jarash...in fairness the breakfast is fantastic... located in downtown Amman just across Roman Amphitheater.

Room Tip: just double check before coming that the room you booked is the same room you will get....
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank James R
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Based on the great internet reviews, I booked this hotel directly with them via email about 6 weeks prior to arrival. I requested airport pickup, and provided full details of my flight. They replied with a quote for all prices, and confirmed the pickup. A couple of days prior to my trip, I emailed to confirm. Despite the fact that no details had changed, and they were all in the email trail, I had to provide my flight details again.
Needless to say that when I arrived, no-one was waiting for me. So I went to the Info Desk, and got them to ring the hotel. To summarise the next 45 minutes- multiple calls to the hotel with them first saying the driver was on the way, then later saying they couldn't contact him I better get a taxi, then when the taxi driver rang to find out where the hotel was they asked to speak to me to say driver was there. He actually appeared 20 minutes later.
Then, when I went to pay, the desk guy wanted to add tax to prices that had been confirmed by email as all inclusive, not to mention adding an after-midnight airport pickup surcharge that was also not in the price quoted to me.
I asked him where I could get some money. His reply "from an ATM!". After asking the obvious question, I got directions, minus street names, because according to him there are no street signs in Amman. I was actually saved later in my trip from being badly ripped off because in actual fact streets in Amman do have street signs in English.
Finally got to my room, which was small and basic, and had some sleep. Later, after a hot day touring the citadel and the Roman Ampitheatre, I returned to my room and went to turn on the AC. No AC, no lights! My man in reception checked it out, then told me someone would be there to fix things in an hour. Not wanting to wait a Jordanian hour for someone to turn up, let alone the time it might take to fix things, I requested a room change. So I went from a room supposed to have AC, to one with just a fan. And no towel, soap, or toilet paper either. Couldn't be bothered following up anymore what was obviously too hard for them.
On the positive side, the breakfast was good, served in the small breakfast room that is the highlight of the hotel: bright and sunny, with an excellent view to the Roman Ampitheatre just across the road.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris M
Zaman H, General Manager at Zaman Ya Zaman Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience. Clearly your experience was unsatisfactory and I looked into every complaint you raised. From the outset it appeared things went wrong - from the pick up to your room allocation and the advice given. I can only apologize for this and have put measures in place to ensure this will never happen again. Even though your stay was a very short 1 night event - and we didnt have time to make it up to you, none of what you stated should have happened as we work had to provide the best possible service available to ensure 100% guest satisfaction - as you can understand, sometimes, some things go wrong.
We regret that your overall experience was marred by these events. We note with some pleasure that you did enjoy the breakfast and the splendid views from the hotel. We thank you for posting an honest and objective review.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Central position, extremely good location to visit the old part of the city. You just need to cross the street to visit roman amphitheater

Staff extremely helpful, polite and friendly. Tried to accommodate all our requests and gave us great advices on what to visit and where to eat

Rooms with air conditioning and wifi

Great variety for breakfast. You can have both sweets/international and local breakfast

Vast choice of tours that you can book also the night before with little notice

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind and generous review. Reviews are important for both us and potential guests. We really appreciate you pointing out all the good points of staying at Zaman as thats what guests want to know.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

It's a small hidden gem in Amman city center, after you open the red outside door, you will climb on a few steps made of old stones with flowers and plants on both sides.
they have limited rooms, it's not a big hotel, but they compensate that with their big greating smile.
the staff are amazing, they do their best to give you what you need, the rooms are spaciouse, clean with simple furnature in it, noting that I stayed at a room with a balcony.
I wou;d recommend this hotel for the people who want to discover the down town, as it's in the center of Amman.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with balconies, as you will be having a view on the old Roman theater and it's amazing at night after being led.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

We really appreciate your frank, honest and generous review of your recent stay with us. Its great that we have the honour to host such lovely people such as yourself - and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and recmmend us. Thanks once again.