All reviews hot water dead sea petra and wadi rum breakfast was included central location downtown area falafel walking distance rental car night stay taxi driver hani jordan wifi souq dorm heating
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Fantastic people. I had a nice big room for cheap. Breakfast was very poor, but then again, prices r very low . good location. It s always so nice to meet good people. It enriches your life, more than any landscape.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2017

The hotel is located in the middle of down town, close to roman theater, hasheem restaurant, habibeh sweets etc. But it is on a quiet lane just off the busy road. So, there is no noise from the road.Though it may be a bit difficult for the taxi drivers to find initially. It is advisable to carry the phone number of the hotel and let your taxi driver find out from the hotel over phone.

I stayed in a single room and for the price I couldn't fault it. The en-suite bathroom had an electrical heater. So, I could get hot water any time. I suspect that in shared bathrooms hot water was only available during day time as they use solar heater. One complain I had is about the size of the en-suite bathroom specially the size of the wash basic. The wash basin was too small for any practical use. The shared bathrooms were better in this respect.

The sheets were clean, the bed and the pillows could have been softer. They also included a good arabic breakfast included in the price.

In case you intend to share a taxi or trip with fellow travelers, you may be disappointed. Due to small size of the hotel, there is very little chance that there will be enough ppl to share a trip that you intend to do. But the staff (Hani, Naeem) are extremely helpful in explaining how to use public transport to do the trips. I visited madaba, jerash and dead sea using public transport with help from them. Also, they never push you to book a trip from them.

On 5th floor I could get fast in-room wifi. Not sure if it is true for all the floors.

All in all, it is a great place with extremely helpful staff as long as your expectation are in line with the price paid.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Good central location - ok rooms good to have wifi in room- staff were helpful with tours and directions and even looked after some of my stuff while I popped over to Jerusalem for a few days. Good basic breakfast and good to have heating in the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank travic
Reviewed 7 April 2017

almost everything was basic but ok except a staff named hani was very rude. only one power point was working in six bed dormitory. I have to charge my mobile at reception area overnight. he was on duty and slept in the lobby. I went there at around 6.30am QUIETLY to take back my mobile phone and sat at a corner QUIETLY to read my messages. he tried to chase me out unreasonably as it was time for him to wake for breakfast preparation. I insisted that lobby is a facility for room guests for 24 hours as long as we do not create noise.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank platinumSingapore
Reviewed 27 March 2017

My sister and I checked in for 2 nights on LP's recommendation and left after 1. We've both traveled and backpacked extensively on tight budgets and neither of us had ever had an experience this bad. Our sheets had clearly not been washed in many weeks. My sheets had a toenail clipping, crusted boogers, and horrific crusty white stains. We slept fully clothed and left first thing in the morning. We also passed on the free breakfast, as we got a peak at the kitchen and saw rotting food in the sink. The hotel staff didn't bat an eye or apologize when we explained why we weren't staying a second night. Luckily, the Amman Pasha had room for us and we had a stellar stay there.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends