All reviews king abdullah top floor budget hotel day tour bit dated rainbow street downtown amman taxi citadel
Reviewed 28 February 2018

This is a great value hotel within a stone's throw of the beautiful King Abdullah Mosque. The owner Taleb is very friendly and helpful, as are his staff. Breakfast was fantastic. The room are comfortable and clean. Good value.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank DanInWaterloo
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

our group of 23 people stayed at the Caravan for several nights in December. Taleb, the owner, was great, as was his staff. we arrived tired and not sure what we wanted to do for dinner. when we settled on pizza, Taleb arranged for it to be delivered with no additional service charges. he also arranged home cooked meals for us for our other nights.

he or one of his staff was always available when we had questions or concerns.

the rooms were a decent size, comfortable, and clean.

the price was very affordable. many thanks for making our stay pleasant and easy.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill G
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Good hotel if you’re expecting budget - which it is at the prices quoted. Breakfast is included and the hotel caters to any needs you have (eg helping to book a taxi, buying food and drink etc.). As such - a good budget hotel.

However, be aware, the mosque across the road is extremely loud and takes a bit of getting used to.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2017

This hotel is pretty far from all the attractions in Amman, being a good 30 minutes walk from downtown, Rainbow Street, the amphitheatre, citadel, and any restaurant options (that we could find anyway). Also, the rooms were very dated and a bit grubby-feeling, the windows single-glazed and it's on an extremely busy and noisy street. We asked for a quiet room and yet still had constant traffic noise and could even hear conversations of people on the street, whereas the LP guidebook implies it is a quiet side street.
However, the breakfast was really lovely - amazing views of Amman skyline and delicious food, including some freshly baked cake. The lady serving at breakfast was really friendly too.
Overall though, the price just doesn't reflect the out-of-town location and noisiness, after 1 night here we found a cheaper, cleaner option in downtown Amman 2 mins walk from the amphitheatre.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Taleb a, Manager at Caravan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

thank you for your nice review and we are so sorry to not make you happy as you want ,,,
i remember that,s i told to change the room for you,but you said that you change your plan,and you want to go to Petra ,, and i didn't charge the 2 night you was book by booking .com ...but this is life ,,,
thank you .
regards

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Beds comfy and air con works... but the service is a nightmare! The man who owns the hotel is nice but his family are bad to deal with, which is such a shame.

I gave the woman there my clothes to look after while I went on a 3 day tour (as I was checking out then returning to the hotel) and told her I just wanted them stored. I came back and she'd washed them and demanded money from me for a service I hadn't asked for. Total rip off. Even if I had wanted them washed, 8JD is a rip off for washing a small bag of clothes!

One of the girls got moody because I was purchasing water from the shop around the corner rather than at the hotel (it's 2x more expensive at the hotel).

The breakfast is also pretty basic and the girl at reception refused to arrange me a transfer to the airport and told me to get one off the street.

Use this place as a bed in a slightly inconvenient location, if you must, but I'm sure you could find an equally cheap hotel with good rooms and staff who aren't taking the piss.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 299hannahc
caravanmary, Owner at Caravan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor,
 I am though confused and deeply saddened to read of your personal experience with my staff and family during your stay.

I am the owner of the Caravan Hotel and I thank you for calling me ‘Nice’ but I am bewildered with your other comments you have made.

I must stress that at no time personnel belonging are touched in our lockable storage room without the consent of the owner. I am aware you left your large bag in the hotel as you left on a group tour for 3 days asking for the laundry service for your return to the hotel. Our laundry service is chargeable as in all hotels throughout the world and payment is made upon collection.

The Caravan Hotel also offers other service and facilities to our guest; one been buying food and beverages in our restaurant. I can sure you all hotels in the world are more expensive than the shop on the corner, hotels have overheads and therefore a touch more expensive than the corner shop.
Another service we offer is the airport transfer, we offer a hassle free, competitive price and most important we know all our driver and vehicles offering a reliable, time saving and safe journey. Guest have that choice whether to take this service or make their own arrangements by taking a taxi from the street.

Did you forget to mention while you where writing your review how kind my reception staff where to you, allowing you to stay in your room until 3.00pm at NO extra charge; when check-out is at 12.00 noon. Funny you did not mention this in your review.

You came to the hotel as part of a group tour and with further investigation all other guests where happy with our service and facilities we offer; as with our previous
Trip Advisor reviews.

We sincerely hope you have good luck in your future hotels stays around the world.
Yours sincerely