All reviews king abdullah top floor budget hotel day tour bit dated rainbow street downtown amman taxi citadel
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I booked the hotel room because it had been selected by TripAdvisor for a Certificate of Excellence for 2016.

Off the bat, I want impressed by the receptionist. I did arrive late at night (just past midnight), but the reception seemed out of it, and intent to just order around Joy, a migrant African worker, who he would call in the same manner one would call a cat because he "forgot her name." He seemed lazy and not very trustworthy.

I got to my room on the 3rd floor (no elevator) and it felt very spacious and clean. The bed was wide and comfortable, the linen felt clean as well. The bathroom was also spacious, with a shower not a tub. The room had a small flat screen tv but it was tucked away in a corner so had i chosen to watch anything it would have been challenging.

Sadly i had to leave before breakfast, which starts at 7

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Hotel caravan is the hotel you want to find arriving as a Stranger in a new town. Straight ahead from the Big blue mosque, King Abdullah and Steep walking distance to rainbow street, about 15-20 minutes. Family runned, flexible and very friendly and good value for money. Rooms are large, some With balcony, clean and super bathroom. Great servings for lunch.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene N
Reviewed 8 October 2016

I came here in the last week of September 2016, I booked this hotel via Agoda.com

Based on the reviews and the fact that I planned to travel alone to Jordan I thought this would be ideal, and to be honest i was happy I chose this hotel.

On arriving at 2am, I was quickly greeted by a member of staff who was very polite and friendly, spoke good enough English I thought. Quickly checked in and straight to my room, so no messing around waiting in the lobby etc.

On first impressions the room was clean, bed was spotless and very big! I were expecting a small single mattress bed so to see a huge bed was an added bonus. Clean toilet and shower etc and a big tv in the room. AC is good.

Free WIFI with a very strong signal, I were stood further up the street from the hotel and was still connected to the wifi! So yeah the wifi strength is spot on.

The room was adequate and reflects what you pay when booking it, so common sense clearly dictates you should not expect a 5 star hotel. I thought everything was convenient and more than enough for me to get into my comfort zone for a good nights sleep.

Breakfast has all the usual with eggs, omelettes, cereals, bread, coffee, tea etc all the usual good stuff to get your day off to a good start. The eating area is on the top floor so you can enjoy the views whilst having a cuppa.

You can buy ice cold bottled water, soft drinks etc from the hotel who charge it to your room - they do not over charge so you have nothing to fear here, but you can always make a note of what you get and then compare when you check out.

You have a church across the road, and a mosque for any traveler who wishes to pray. You also have two places where you can exchange currencies a few minutes walk around the corner (both places have western union) however be sure to take your passport with you when exchanging currency.

It's a good 3 star hotel with decent rooms and breakfast for comfortable stay, however the customer service is excellent! Whenever you need anything the staff literally run to deal with it and make sure everything is spot on. Very friendly staff that you can have genuine conversations with. They gave me genuine advice and organised my trip to Petra for a good price ( I know this as i have some friends in Jordan who confirmed it was a good price) :)

This a very good budget hotel I really enjoyed my stay here, away from the busy downtown Amman you can have a peaceful night sleep here. I will be staying here again when I return next year. Thank you Caravan Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank 007ans
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Excellent hotel for reasonable price. Everything is perfect - cleanliness, location (close to Parliament and a new skyscraper district), price. But the most - the friendliness of the staff - Mr Taleb (the owner) and his children. Particular greetings to Mohammed - your pancakes were superb :D

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Viaggiatore_11211
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Wow! This was the first expression of my stay at the Caravan Hotel. They have a long history of tourism and they know everything about the things you can do in Jordan, and it shows! If you want to know something about anything, they will figure it out! Best service, best client handling, it feels like home once you have spent a little time with Taleb and his family at the hotel. You don't even need to have any plans when you arrive, because they can make you trips in no time considering your interests and budget. They also do it for a good price. I recommend spending the first night here. After that I bet you keep the room for the rest of your stay as I did :) Location is very good, safe and peaceful, and only 2-3JD for a taxi basically anywhere in Amman.
Thank you Taleb, I wish all the best for you and your lovely family!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank 25teemun
caravanmary, Guest Relations Manager at Caravan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Greeting from the Caravan Hotel - Amman

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and taking time to share your experience here. We are delighted to know that you had an memorable stay with us.

Your feedback and kind recommendation allow us to make constant improvements to elevate our services to valued guests like you. All the family and staff here at the Caravan Hotel look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another enjoyable and memorable experience!

With the warmest of regards