All reviews king abdullah top floor covered terrace budget hotel day tour bit dated rainbow street clean rooms downtown amman taxi citadel
Reviewed 7 June 2016

I would give 3. 5 starts to the hotel instead of 3 or 4 (not possible though) since its better than regular but not very good. I considered decent and adequate. Staff is very kind and helpful, typical arab breakfast (but with less selection and less tasty than other similar hotels we stayed in Jordan), we ordered a sandwich as a quick snack one day, it was quite bad to put it mildly (we expected that anyway). Nice location and plenty of tours on offer (they are expensive but the car is good, AC and so on, I am sure cheaper stuff is available, but we were happy with it ). Nice terrace at the hotel entrance. We were mostly disappointed with the rooms (stayed twice,at the beginning, and the last leg of our trip), they are clean with a decent bed but not appealing at all, the bathroom was just OK, tiny shower, stained tiles and so on. We were not expecting anything luxurious, but I think our expectations were a bit high. Hotels in Amman are fairly expensive, but if I ever return, I would gladly spend a few more dinars in a nicer accommodation. If you are on a tight budget, Caravan is more than acceptable. The hotel has incredible potential, owners should refurbish the rooms, even if that imply an increase in prices.

Room Tip: Our second room was way better that the first one, check rooms if possible
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Mary M, Public Relations Manager at Caravan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at the Caravan Hotel, Amman we appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us focus on what is important to our guests.
I am though sorry that you felt you had a shortfall in the services and facilities you encountered during your recent stay with us. The Caravan Hotel and staff are driven to provide all our guest the very best of home comforts. We hope to welcome you back in order for you to experience this, like our other guest has felt. Caravan stays makes a difference.
Best regards

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Great hotel with a nice view. It has a nice restaurant on the roof. The owner, Mr Talib, is now a good friend of mine. Very friendly staff with great room service for food and drinks. For the low prices, the rooms are very clean and tidy with wifi services, air conditioning and a tv set. The best thing is that is also centrally located near to the airport and other tourist attractions in Amman. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Mddddd

Thank you for your comments and wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. I appreciate the specific feedback regarding our staff, the rooms and focus on value.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon. We hope Caravan makes a difference.
Regards

Reviewed 5 June 2016

We spent about 4 nights staying in this hotel, in a room with a huge window overlooking the street. The included breakfast is served in a cafe on the top floor, also with a lovely panoramic view of the area. The staff were really friendly and accommodating. The view, breakfast, and staff are the highlights of the hotel.

Unfortunately, the rooms were not great. They are musty and damp. The bathroom has absolutely no ventilation, so you have to leave the room window open and hope for the best. The carpet seemed like it could use an update, as well. It's the really flat kind that doesn't actually provide any cushion, so you wonder what the point of it is. I had a beef with the bedsheets, in particular the pillowcases. They were not cotton, but some sort of heavy, scratchy polyester. I ended up throwing a towel over the pillowcase so that I could sleep comfortably. On our 3rd night the staff who tidied the room noticed the towel, and to my surprise, changed that one pillow to a cotton pillowcase. I don't know why they don't just do that automatically. It seems for the price that they could at least provide decent bedding.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, your feedback is much appreciated.
I am sorry for the shortfall in the service you encountered during your recent stay, thank you for letting us know. On the other hand I’m pleased to read your positive comments. Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2016

As surrouned by the mosque and church, it was very easy to find the location.
Hotel staffs were very friendly and kind - I felt as if we were old friends since years ago. The room is clean enough, and some shops and restaurants are available within walking distance, so I could really enjoy and relax throughout my stay.
One problem is the room is a bit noisy with cars passing by since the hotel is facing the main road. Better to have earplug, if you mind.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank Edge11001

Many thanks for spending time to write your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a relaxing time and happy to know the location, service and facilities met your expectations. We are though sorry to hear you need earplug while staying here, but thank you for choosing the Caravan Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We hope Caravan stay makes a difference.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

A nice hotel, conveniently and logistically favourable located with a very friendly and helpful owner. All the staff is really freindly. The breakfast is very good, particluarly the view from the rooftop.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Mary M, Public Relations Manager at Caravan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2016

Thank you very much for staying with us.

I am glad that our location was perfect for your trip and that you enjoyed all of the nearby tourists sits and Down Town shops and restaurants.

Our team works tirelessly to provide the most gracious hospitality every single day and its these comments that help validate the efforts of everyone working at Caravan Hotel, Amman. Thank you again.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.