“"We've been expecting you!"”

Amman Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

One of the most charming phrases you could ever hope to hear arriving in the evening after a long flight, and I heard this from the first three wonderful staff I encountered upon arrival here. I was pleased as a Gold member to receive an upgrade to a corner room on a higher floor, and I did like the classic older style of this Marriott. The room was spacious and cozy, perhaps the bathroom a bit cramped, and I slept soundly. The outdoor swimming pool is quite nice, and the lavish breakfast buffet was superb with a phenomenal selection of items. And the espresso was absolutely perfect!

If you are the sort of person who enjoys walking around capital cities you can easily walk to a number of historic sites from the hotel -- this was a real joy.

I did note the small Executive Lounge sees quite a lot of use by US government employees/contractors, which I realize makes for a very homely and comfortable stay for them, but might perhaps be a touch overwhelming for those not traveling on US government business.

Check-out was just as efficient and the politeness and cordiality of all staff members encountered made a lasting impression.

If I can think of anything to criticize -- something minor and trivial -- it would be my request for fresh mint tea at breakfast. I was brought a cup of hot water and a plate of mint leaves. Fortunately I do know how to make mint tea myself, but this was a new experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Salah K, Director of Room Operations at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Every process put in place is aimed at providing you with an unforgettable hotel experience. From your recent feedback, I am delighted to hear that you have liked our hotel and that you have enjoyed our service.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Amman.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Amman Marriott is value for money & excellent location . Great Service . Entire staff goes extra mile to help. Restaurant is very good , great breakfast choice and Chef has always smiling face and goes extra mile to accommodate any special requests on menu. In the lounge coffee bar is good. Mostly handled by young waiters . You always get cold coffee . Make sure to tell them hot coffee.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Salah K, Director of Room Operations at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Guest,

On behalf of my entire team, I thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay with us, I assure you that exceeding our guests expectations is our main goal. We will definitely make sure our coffee is served hot from now on.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I stayed here for two weeks and truly enjoyed my stay. The staff at the Executive Lounge were very accommodating and remembered my choice of food/drink after my first visit. They were very friendly, helpful and deserve recognition. The Executive Lounge was an excellent place to hang out and unlike some other Marriott Hotels, the food selection was plentiful. I ate breakfast daily at the at the Villa Mediterrano Restaurant and was fortunate to have Raed as my waiter the first day. He always had my favorite table waiting for me and coffee the way I like it. The food selection at the breakfast buffet was amazing! He provided excellent service everyday.

My room was spacey, I had an excellent view of the city and housekeeping was perfect.

My only complaint would be the prices in Champions were very overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Salah K, Director of Room Operations at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Guest,

On behalf of my entire team, I thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay with us. I assure you that exceeding our guests expectations is our main goal and we are very happy to know that your were glad with our team.

Looking forward to using your feedback as a training tool for future guest interactions and to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This is where I feel most at home on my visits to Amman. The hotel is centrally located, has good security, but best of all, has a staff that is friendly to a fault. They always go the extra mile to ensure my stay is pleasant and that any feedback that I offer is promptly attended to.Their Champions bar still has that nostalgic feel to it and their pub grub, better than most in the Middle East.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Salah K, Director of Room Operations at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I attended a conference at this hotel and was thoroughly impressed. Whilst a little dated the rooms were more than adequate, restaurants were unbelievably good, and Champions Bar provided a western feel. The staff throughout the hotel were superb also, very accommodating in every way.

The facilities were great, convenient little guft shop with all the essentials, nice clean gym and pool, and the barber on site was fantastic. The higel has free and fast wifi once you signup to the Marriott program which was quick and easy.

Highly recommended for anyone visiting for work or adventure.

Amman is a beautiful city that certainly deserves a return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Salah K, Director of Room Operations at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017