All reviews downtown amman crab tower roman theatre rooftop restaurant budget hotel hummus hotel is located hot water very nice hotel citadel jordan driver backpackers
Reviewed 11 January 2015

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and is value for money. The staff are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make my stay enjoyable and relaxing. There breakfast was very good; where I had the best omelettes ever; taken on the roof restaurant. The roof restaurant provides lunch and dinner and snacks throughout the day. My room was cleaned and made up to the highest standards everyday and with a mini bar of general snacks and water and fizzy was a welcome. The hotel is quiet during the night and the Azan (call to prayer) from the Al Husseini Mosque was lovely to hear 5 times a day, but not disruptive. The hotel can arrange for day tours to the Dead Sea, Petra and Ajlun, which made my stay much more enjoyable as they were arranged with their affiliated taxi drivers; making the tours safe and trusting. The hotel is in Downtown Amman; its the best area to get to experience the Ammanis and there are numerous ancient sites. The Citadel is behind the hotel and can be seen from the roof restaurant. If ever I have to visit Jordan again, the hotel if still under the same management; I would definitely stay at again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side; away from any street would be much quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank pirate2015
ArabTowerHotel, Manager at Arab Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2015

Thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and that your stay is pleasant. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done –

Reviewed 6 January 2015 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for two nights with four of my friends. We each payed 14 dollars a night and got far more than we payed for, mostly due to the owner's helpfulness and overall welcoming attitude. He gave us constant advice regarding restuarants and bars, as well as activities during our two day stay. We went on one of the hotel-sponsered day-trips to Ajloun and Jerash for quite a bargain (like 20 bucks per person - 6-7 hour trip) and had a great time. As we were about to leave, the owner compiled his entire staff and took pictures of us in traditional Arab uniform, which was quite unexpected yet awesome. Breakfast was solid for such a cheap price (omlette stand was key), and the wifi worked fine. Strongly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2015

Reviewed 25 December 2014 via mobile

I stayed twice in this hotel and the reason is staff are nice and helpful, location is good and u feel safe.and also I want to thank mohannad ali and Johnny for everything they r really professional people

• Stayed: October 2014

Reviewed 12 December 2014

Hani on the front desk was so helpful. Initially we stayed one night before heading off to the Dead Sea but decided to return for a further 2 nights before going to Petra. We then returned again for another night before heading home. Each time we were able to leave our big cases rather than dragging them around with us. The rooms were always clean and comfortable. Wi fi access was easily available on the roof terrace or from the room if we were on the top floor. Assistance was offered in securing taxis or just giving travel advice or answering our questions about where we might eat or find an ATM.
Some people may find the call to prayer intrusive but it's something you have to accept when travelling through the Middle East. All in all this is probably the best value hotel we stayed in during our 2 weeks in Jordan and it is certainly the most friendly.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SLW321

Reviewed 6 December 2014

I only stayed one night, last month, it was kind of a dump. It was super difficult to find. My cab dropped me off at a different Tower Hotel, which was close by. But when asking people on the street for the Arab Tower Hotel, nobody seemed to have a clue. It took about an hour of walking the streets before finding somebody who knew where the poorly marked hotel was.

When I finally arrived, the front desk guy seemed to be hiding. He came out of the shadows when he heard me muttering to myself. He wasn't the friendliest person I'd meet on my Jordan adventure. He seemed to be rather put out by my being there.

The room was super tiny, but comfy and cozy enough for my brief stay. The fridge and tv didn't really work, by that, I mean they both turned on, but nothing was kept cold in the fridge and no tv stations came in.

The complimentary breakfast was dreadful and not really much to choose from.

My expectation were quite low and thus we're met for the brief mediocre stay, but for the price, it did the job. I checked out the next morning and was off to my next destination.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank unclewally
ArabTowerHotel, Manager at Arab Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2014

Greetings from Arab Tower Hotel. I would like to start by thanking you for your time in sharing your recent experience at the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay.
First concerning our "poorly marked hotel" As mentioned your driver dropped you off at another tower hotel, and it took you an hour to reach the Arab Tower Hotel. The other tower hotel is only 20 seconds walking distance away from our hotel. Probably you didn't do your homework knowing where the location of the hotel, It is not our problem that our hotel is not known by the taxi driver that you have chosen, Also to make it clear that our hotel has been in the business long enough to be known by a lot of the population, but sadly not by the people you have asked.
The other issue that was mentioned that the "front desk was hiding and he wasn't the friendliest person you have meet in your great adventure in Jordan", I am sure that the front desk was not hiding, just to make it clear, Probably you were to tired of walking and you want to blow your anger on someone.
The room was super tiny, you have not mentioned which room you've booked but I am sure that if it was tiny for you, You could have made a booking of a bigger room that will be spacious for your stay.
IF you have told us or even complained about anything during your stay if would have been fixed right away, But you have decided to blow your anger here. All our TV's our working perfectly with minimum of 50 channels, And also our fridges our working as well, We don't want the refreshments installed there to be ruined.
Concerning our breakfast, We are a 2 star hotel please do not expect a 5 star breakfast when you are paying such a budget rate. Our breakfast includes a lot to choose from

Drinks : Tea, Coffee & Juice
Freshly made omelets daily with your choice of veggies
Humus, Salads, Olives, Fruits, Jam, Butter & Cheese. Also not to forget to mention the 3 types of bread served: Arabic Pitta bread, Toast and kaak.

For the other comments If you wish to discuss them please don't hesitate to contact me on 00962799929905 or Mohannad@arabtowerhotel.com