All reviews downtown amman roman theatre crab tower rooftop restaurant budget hotel hummus hot water hotel is located taxi driver rainbow street citadel petra backpackers toilet jerash arabic
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Nice staff who works during morning and day time, but NOT the guy with name Raffat or Rufat, smth like that ,who works in the night. He does not like tourists and shows it openly.
I was promised in the morning that my friend can come to my room in the evening, but then Raffat said NO and was very bad done.

So for the first- you can not take your friends with you in your room.

For the second- I ve got several times electroshock from hot water in bathroom, the electrocabels are connected through lamp and you feel electrocity in water, so I used shower with cold water all stay not to be in contact with electricity.

What was good - low prices, good food, location.
Wish people could be more welcome and smile, feels like in whole Jordan they are either shy or dont like you, still cannot understand the driver to Dead sea trip was silent all the way and back if even he speaks english and I tried to communicate, my conclusion- jordanian people in general are not very happy about tourists like in Egypt or in Lebanon.
Definitely I dont stay in this hotel any more.
If I were their manager, I would not hire such people like the boy who works in reception in the night, avoid him.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank getready4
arabtower, Manager at Arab Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2011

Thank you for your review!! The electricity that you felt is actually not electricity, it is the feeling that you get when cold water suddenly goes hot, We have thousands of guests coming every season and we never heard such complain. About Rafat, Well I am sorry that he is not a gay friendly person, But we talked to him and hopefully when you come again there won't be any issues.

Mohannad Ali

Reviewed 22 July 2011

we stayed in july 2011 the guys were brilliant . for the money we paid for the rooms i dont beieve we could have got better value in amman from some of the bigger hotels. momen & muhannad gave us the personal touch that the larger 3,4,5 star hotels could only dream of. Will defo be going back here if ever go to amman again

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank junaid786

Thank you for your review!! Hope to see you soon Again :)

Mohannad Ali

Reviewed 22 July 2011

My wife and I spent a marvelous week in Burdj al Arab. Although it is located in downtown, it gives you an easy and fast chance to visit ancient sites such as the Roman Theater and the Nymphaion. We felt home the moment we check in. The room prices was very convienient compared to the hotel rank. The restaurant provides traditional delecious jordanian food to your room, almost the same price as downtown restaurants. The staff is always smiling and do their best to please you. Trips to touristic sites (dead sea, petra, jerash...) were organized in groups of 4, 3, or 2 personnes, still with a very reasonable price. So, for an enjoyable low-budjet touristic plan, this hotel is what you're looking for.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank weladrar
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I've stayed at the Arab Tower Hotel (Burj Al-Arab Hotel) on two separate occasions. I'd have to say the hotel and the staff are very good. The only pointer i would advise people about is to make sure that they know the exact day that your leaving, or you can expect a phone call / knock on your door asking if your leaving that / this day.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. They'll definitely try and answer any and all questions you have.
It is also worth looking at some of the excursions that they offer as they are very reasonable priced. If there's several of you'se staying locally then it may be cheaper to take a taxi from outside of the hotel.
Good luck with your stay in Amman, Jordan.
p.s. Watch out for the taxi drivers that you hale from outside as they tend to want to rip you off, especially if you don't speak Arabic. Agree a price before you start a journey somewhere.

Room tip: Maybe request a room on the first / second floor. Lift at hotel broke down three times within a total of two weeks.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank GrantMuir
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed here after reading review and they are all good if not better than our expectation . Group of 8 stayed on various dates and rooms over two weeks travelling. Used as a central location which is close to all shops and bazaars . The staff are very help full speak good English . Thanks for all the help Mahannad and Moemen.