See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Firs time I stayed in this hotel was about six months ago, and today I can say that a big changes had happened to this hotel, I agree it still needs a lot of work but it seems that the management is determined to raise up the quality of this hotel

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

The Pro's of staying at the Le Vendome are its close proximity to downtown Amman, it's quietness and the willingness of the staff to make your stay enjoyable.

Sadly, the Con's are such that it needs a large investment to bring it up to Western standards for a 4 star hotel. Everything that's been said about it being run down with not working or inefficient electrical goods is true. The hairdryer was so scary with its spitting and crackling, I hastily unplugged it as I was sure it would burst into flames.

We were given a suite when we returned at the end of our stay and were made as comfortable as possible, but woefully the lack of amenities doesn't make up for all that is sad about the hotel. We didn't see another guest in the five nights we stayed at the hotel, which in itself is indicative of its decline.

I wish I could recommend it as the staff are lovely, but sadly I can't as it really isn't up to western standards and I'm seriously worried about its standards of safety.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The room was run-down. Air conditioning and refrigerator were not working. Bathroom was dirty and the toilet paper holder was broken. Hotel staff was not responsive to guests. Not a 4 star hotel!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2016

This hotel is not as bad as many reviews state. The sad fact is that the 90% fall in tourist numbers has hit them hard. Very few people apart from passing tour groups stop here and as a result they have cut back on staffing and facilities. It is on the correct side of the city for the airport and a taxi downtown is very cheap. There are a few reasonable places to eat nearby and a very well stocked off license/alcohol store.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Stayed in the same room for a night each at the start and end of a tour. Bathroom was dirty and room was chilly (heater did not work). Free wifi (though intermittent). Some choice at breakfast and they did accommodate us for an early start. Lobby had numerous 'no smoking' signs which were ignored and thus the whole area smelt of smoke. In financial area and few places to enjoy a nice meal at night.

Date of stay: February 2016