“Bistro Lunch Bravo”
Review of La Capitale

La Capitale
Ranked #11 of 792 Restaurants in Amman
Description: La Capitale is a classic French brasserie that provides a comfortable place for everyone to spend time at whether for a business lunch, dinner with family or friends or a drink at the bar.
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Had heard about this newish bistro and wasnt sure how it would play out. The place is beautifully executed with a smart casual vibe and very skillful and attentive staff. My beef bourguingnon was perfectly tender and rich. A side order of cheesy dauphinoise potatoes transported me to Paris. My husband's bouillabaise was a variation on the Marseille classic but he judged it pretty amazing ( and he lived there). The only disappointment were the escargot that had been doused with chopped garlic cooked in butter...this is not correct. They shoukd be cooked in a butter-garlic-parsely late so they are infused with the flavors ehike cooking. Instead the snails were tough and bland. When we told the manager we could not taste the garlic he kindly ordered us a new plate with more sauteed garlic. But this is not the solution! Aside from that, every item and overall experience was impeccable. Fabulous bread, too. Will go back but will eat escargot at home! Merci.

Sharif H, General Manager at La Capitale, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Kathy S,

Salut from La Capitale. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such detailed feedback on our brasserie. I'm very sorry to hear that the escargot was not to your liking. However, i'm happy that your overall experience was great. We would love to have you and your husband back again anytime.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

The food and atmosphere are super, the best in amman. The host Ibrahim is super welcoming and nice, he gives great advices on pairing the food with drinks.

2  Thank Dafi M

Dear Dafi M,

Salut from La Capitale. Thank you for your sweet review. Please come back again anytime.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

This was a great place to eat. The food was amazing, the complimentary bread they bring is so fresh and delicious. Our server, Abraham (IQ) was very accommodating and made it a fun experience for everyone. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Rebecca C

Dear Rebecca C,

Salut from La Capitale. We're very happy to hear that you will be back and we're honored to host you. I've passed on your kind words to Ibrahim. Thank you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t wait to get home and tell the world about this masterpiece of a restaurant where we just had the most exquisite lunch , my family and I . Definitely puts Jordan on the map for top culinary destinations . Scores a perfect 10 on every level : the decor completely out of this world and flawless , the service attentive and genuinely warm , the food of the best quality and presentation :) Everything ordered was divine : the French onion soup , the salade d’endives , the steak frites , the cheeseburger ... oh the cheeseburger .. I’m a huge cheeseburger aficionado and this one scored in the top five I’ve ever had in my life . We had no room for dessert unfortunately . I’ll be back though . I might even come back this evening to have a drink at the bar looked exceptionally warm and sophisticated . Can totally imagine snuggling up in those beautiful bar chairs enjoying I’m sure a meticulously crafted old fashioned while catching up with my BFF .. mmmmmmmm can’t wait ! Ps. You have to check out the bathrooms here ! I wanted to move in !

Dear Fadi081577,

Salut from La Capitale. First and foremost, your headline alone put a smile on all our faces. Then we read your detailed and constructive feedback and that made us all even happier. so thank you! Please come back again soon. We are honored to host you.

Sharif Hayek

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I went a few weeks ago for the first time to La Capitale's bar for cocktails, and I got to talking to the bartender, Ibraham S. He was so friendly, and he made the best cocktail I may have ever had. I would go back again just for him!

Dear Brendan P,

Salut from La Capitale. Ibrahim is patiently waiting for you to come back :) Thank you so much for your kind review.