“Good food but acerage”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

I had heard really great things about the place. Being one of the only kosher sit down restaurants in the area we decided to give it a try. The wait staff was typical Israeli. Rude but efficient. The food was just ok. Nothing special but not bad. Prices are a bit high for what you get though. Better deal to go to old man and the sea in Yafo.

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

A real Israeli restaurant, a lot of good salads as stater, fresh homemade laffa pita. For me the best choice is the "שיפוד כבד אווז" foie gras skewer, melt in the mouth....amazing. Every time I go to Israel I go to this restaurant. I really recommend it

Reviewed 2 September 2015

This is a chain restaurant. Typical Israeli grill with quite a large variety but not special. Kosher. The prices are convenient therefore it is a nice place to dine with family. The turnover is big thus the food is fresh.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

This restaurant is strictly kosher LeMehadrin (which means that it has the highest level of kosher certification in Israel: Badatz). That is the only positive thing I can say about this venue (if keeping strictly Kosher is important to you). Otherwise we found the experience to be truly unpleasant and on the verge of harassment. We were a family group of four adults and five children. We made reservations and our table was incorrectly set up for six people when we arrived. They corrected that but then immediately told us the 22 NIS appetizer salads were mandatory (but only required for the adults; this is an unfortunate ploy used by many tourist centric restaurants in Israel to jack up the price--the truth is--these appetizer salads are NOT mandatory and you can refuse them before you sit down). However, we actually wanted the salads but they were just so pushy about it. The restaurant is very crowded at dinner time (not in a good way) and has zero ambience except for the army of French tourists looking at you through the clear glass from the outside waiting for you to finish your meal. Classy. The food is completely mediocre. I ordered a 130 NIS steak that quickly lost it’s taste after a few bites. Whatever this place used to be, it is no more. The waiter came over at least three times and asked if he could start cleaning up (he wanted to ship us out so the next batch of tourists could enjoy the 'feeling rushed treatment') and I said, “Yes,” three times. Despite my acquiescence to being herded out, he never came and cleaned up! I asked him for tea and coffee and he actually said these words, “We very often don’t have tea or coffee at these hours.” I said, “What hours? You mean dinner time?” It was 8:30pm. I immediately understood that this was their tactic for encouraging you to leave quickly: leave you at a messy table piled with scraps from your meal. We decided to let them win! We ordered the check and sure enough, we were overcharged for the appetizer salads (they charged us for six instead of four). When I pointed this out to one of the managers, he started arguing with me! When I asked him what his name was, he walked away. If you like primitive treatment, mediocre food and love being rushed out, then this is the place for you.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Shipudei Tsipora has grown to have many locations. I have eaten there since they had only one location in Bat Yam. Unfortunately they had a lot of growing pains and are no longer family owned. But sometimes struggle is good for a restaurant ad those who can withstand the trials of that struggle come out on top.

Happily we just visited the Rishon Lezion location across from the Gold Mall. All I can say is that I am so happy that they are doing well, and maybe better than ever.

The salads are plentiful and delicious once again, the service much improved and dare I say, great.

The humus is a new creamier recipe that I could not stop munching on. I split 2 shipudim with my brother because we had gorged ourselves on the salads and were just about full to the point of discomfort. But the chicken livers were cooked and seasoned to perfection as were the kababs.

The Falafel is also newly changed for the better. Served piping hot and bright green on the inside. They were enjoyed by everyone, most notably my picky 8 year old.

The kids hamburger was one of the best kids meals I have seen in Israel. Server on a beautiful toasty bun, the meat was perfectly tasty and well prepared. One of the adults in our party even ordered the kids meal after taking a small bite from one of the kids.

I am happy that they are back and better than ever. I hope to visit again on my next rip to Israel.