All reviewscarmel marketboutique hotelroof terraceisraelbeachkettleyafo
Reviewed 9 March 2017

We arrived around 10pm and had let the owners know we would be checking in late. We found a locked door on a back street with no signage or contact details. Fortunately our very helpful taxi driver would not leave us and got through to a recetion at a sister hotel 2 streets away. The lady came. let us in. No lift. 2 flights of stairs to a room with a kettle, 2 cups that you would not drink from, a closet with a toilet and 'shower'. The photographs that are on the site have been taken from an unrealistic angle and the reality is far from those photographs shown. The site states it has a shuttle service to the airport. It doesnt and we had to pay £40 for a taxi to the airport. Thank goodness we only had to stay for one night. If it had been earlier in the evening i would have found an alternative hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I had a great welcome to the Peer Guest House and that set the tone of my short stay. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Although the room was not in the best shape --
particularly the bathroom --, I enjoyed the location, the terrace, and the atmosphere of the house. I wouldn't say it has a good relation price/value but you won't be totally disappointed. It can be a perfect pied-a-terre if you spend the day discovering wonderful Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

The room was small and the bathroom was tiny. There were hairs on the pillows. The wifi didn't work. Most importantly, there was no hot water and we couldn't shower. We went to the reception, but the staff was not helpful.

We told him we wanted to pay for an upgrade to stay at the hotel. He said it was full. Worrying about couldn't find a room, we asked for an extension. He said it would be more expensive for the extension but couldn't give us a price.

We went back the room and used data to check the price for the next day. It was the same. When we checked out, the staff told us there was a timer but no one told us. It was very disappointed. We stayed at the suncity the next day. It was way better with only $20 Canadian dollars more.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I wanted to find a nice place for friends that came to visit. I saw on booking a fair price for a room. The picturs were from the hotel and looked nice. I came to the hotel to ask to see the room but it was not possible so i asked if it is nice as the picturs, they said they have room at the inn (kehilat aden 36 and not ishcon street) and they have the basement room for the price i saw but they can check if there is another room , more expensive but on higher floor and very nice. I decided to pay more. The actual room was on the basement. The shower head is above the toilet and they came to shower in our house. We came to complain (for the higher price we have been charged ) but got no comment...In general it was clean and the price is good for the center of tel aviv but if they ask to charge more i expect for more...

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016

We arrived at the Peer Guest House at 11pm after a flight from London. Our taxi dropped us and left. Unbeknown to us the location where you check in and receive your room key is 4 blocks away! Thinking the hotel clerk must have fallen asleep we knocked and made so much noise a guest in one of the front rooms came out and directed us. At this point we grabbed our luggage and made our way to the main property. I later commented to the manager that when I first made the booking online, I didn't remember seeing a note informing guests not to go directly to the guesthouse but to instead register at the hotel 4 blocks away. He answered, it isn't noted there. Then how were we to find out where to go, I asked? You could have called he answered. We tried but American phones don't automatically work in Israel. Most people know this and prepare the phone in advance, he replied. Needless to say, we will NOT be back.

Room Tip: Roof room, guest house. If you are over 5' 4" be careful not to bump your head on the water heater when getting up from the toilet
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family