All reviews carmel market boutique hotel roof terrace israel beach kettle yafo
Reviewed 25 June 2016

I've been in some very bad hotels with nice staff and friendly service.
I've been in fancy luxury ones with un-effective service and ignorant staff.
This hotel succeeded to combine worst from each word.
My fist surprise to discover arriving 11 PM to the place - 24/7 reception is not at the address which appeared on booking, but two blocks away.
So you need to to call them and ask to send someone with keys.
Second - they tried (and failed) to charge my credit card - which was claimed to be for reservation only, despite the fact I stated I'll be paying cash.
So I forced to make the trip to the reception, which is located two blocks away, in the middle of the night, instead of going to sleep.
After asking for receipt the girl on the desk suddenly remembered they need to charge VAT too (surprise) - and so another transaction, more fees to pay, and another 10 mins in the reception.
No possibility to unify the invoice or something like that.
Finally after 3 phone calls with the hotel, 30 mins on the reception and 2 invoices in my hands, few minutes after midnight I made it to the room.

Now, about the room, I can only add few edits to AdamAdam perfect description comment from August 2013 - it all still be true for May 2016:

If you don't mind paying boutique hotel rate for backpackers hostel with old, not renovated "grand-ma's" furniture,
If you are carrying your own towels and toiletries (those provided are all dreadful);
If you don’t mind sleeping on a hard cheap mattress without a mattress cover, with minimal bedding;
If you don’t mind having a shower situated next to the toilet (so that the toilet gets soaked when you shower) and that the toilet is directly beneath a hot water storage tank (so that you smash your head when you get up from the toilet);
If you don’t mind the fact that the entire bathroom and toilet floor remains soaked for hours after you’ve showered;
If you don’t mind that the only access to your room might be via a precarious spiral staircase or dark red-lighted alley;
and finally; if you don’t mind sleeping in room that makes the accommodation I had as a kibbutz volunteer thirty five years ago seem luxurious by comparison, then the Eden House TLV is indeed the place for you.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank RadioBardak
Reviewed 19 February 2016

The room was really spacious, clean and had a spacious kitchen with dining table. However, we only got a cup of coffee and one croisante for breakfast. The location is great. No noise and near the beach.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2015

Wonderful, heaven. Clean, comfy, huge bed. Great kitchenette in room with: plates, silverware, dining room table, fridge, hot water maker for tea. All we needed. Sweet and very helpful front desk staff. Delicious cappuccino and croissant for breakfast in cute cafe. VERY well located, right near the shuk and near the amazingly convenient and cool 5 way intersection of Allenby/ King George/ Sheinkin/ Ha Karmel. Near TONS of 24-7 food of all kinds, as well as Banana Beach! Fantastic. Extremely nice staff!

Room Tip: Very slippery floor! Put towels on floor if you are using the shower. I fell on my butt and crushed my snacks after my shower! Wah!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

The decor is between your grandmother's apartment and a hipster/chic catalog, but somehow it works because it's strangely what you want after a long flight to Israel. The staff is what truly makes this place. Even if you arrive at 1:00am (as we did) they are as welcoming and warm as if you were joining them for lunch. Simple and small breakfast in the morning, with delicious bread and coffee. I would go back for sure.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire J
Reviewed 3 September 2015

I stayed here in summer 2015 during a trip with my brother to Israel. Tel Aviv Peer Guest house is great. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and convenient. The location is great to getting around in Tel Aviv, especially down to Yafo. The staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. The breakfast is also great. The staff gave me some great suggestions for other segments of my trip. This place definitely exceeded expectations!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family