“Nice position but tired” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv

Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv
Ranked #54 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Nice position but tired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

This hotel has a nice position on the seafront but the rooms are tired. There is free wifi through out which is good except it is nor reliable and doesn't work in all rooms. The international calls don't work from all rooms either. I ended up sitting in reception to keep up to date with em and yes I did let the reception know there was a problem each day I was there but they couldn't fix it.

Breakfast is good, plentiful, good variety, nice views from the restauarant.
Some tlc needed to bring this hotel up to speed, next time I'll try somwhere else.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oxford, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was my second stay at the Orchid - six nights for a journalistic assignment business trip. It was fully booked, meaning I couldn't upgrade to a room in the newer tower nearer the sea. However, my "single room" in the other one still had a very comfortable king size bed, a sea view, fast internet, free international phone calls, a decent desk, a kettle and plentiful supplies of tea and coffee. The airy, peaceful lounge bar was a handy venue for interviews. I was working some very long days, a couple of times not getting back until well after midnight, and the smooth, welcoming service I experienced throughout was just what I needed, while the excellent location means there are good restaurants very close which stay open until the early hours of the morning. On my last day, when I had to file a long article to my paper before leaving for the airport at about 3 pm, they let me keep the room, although they were full again that night: this was much appreciated. I am surprised by some of the negative comments here. Look: if you want to pay $500 a night, to be sure, you will find somewhere more luxurious. But I don't plan on staying anywhere else on my next trip to Tel Aviv.

1 Thank Opera-loverOxford
France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Do not book in this hotel as they do not guarantee your room, inspite of asking for your credit card number.
I have booked two rooms for my colleague and I and received a written confirmation.
Once we arrive tonight, they told us the hotel was full and sent us to another hotel, very bad, but almost the same price without any compensation.
DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!!!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank FLEK
san diego, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had 2 connecting rooms which was more than enough space for our family of 6. What I loved about this hotel:
~amazing location across from beach - gorgeous views from our rooms
~WIFI worked excellent throught hotel (and was free)
~even though breakfast wasn't included, had breakfast in the lobby which was delicious and very reasonable
~comfortable beds, clean room
~we needed a refrigerator so after getting to our room and calling they had someone bring one up within a few minutes
~exercise room, swimming pool with a beautiful view

Would love to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had a perfect week in Tel Aviv Im never one to review a hotel or rest. but I was very impressed with the service and my over all experience. After a long 10 hour flight from NY the last thing I wanted to do was wait for my room to be ready. They made the check in so quick and easy. Every request i made was met favorably whether it was converters or ironing or dry cleaning everything was taken care of. The Hotel has a family boutique feel to it. I must have gained 10 pounds eating in their dining room over looking the ocean but I will certainly stay there again when I return!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends