“Great choice by the beach”

Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

As a hotelier myself, I am a "guest experience" fanatic and rarely review hotels because I tend to be just a bit unforgiving of poor service and I prefer to only publically comment when I have found something wonderful I want to share. I am delighted to say that I stayed at three Atlas properties while in Israel ( Shalom Hotel & Relax in Tel Aviv, Bay Club in Haifa and Arthur in Jerusalem) and I was thrilled to find another boutique hotel group where they truly put the happiness and comfort of every guest first. At Shalom Hotel and Relax the decor was an ideal blend of Timeless Classic and Beach House, which was so thoughtfully carried out and perfect for this Tel Aviv setting. I worried a bit before I came that it might be too contemporary style for us, but in fact it felt very luxurious yet unpretentious. The Roof top was beautifully transformed into a heavenly oasis overlooking the beach which was right across the street. Along with many other nice complimentary amenities like breakfast and wine hour, they offer guests free 15 minute massages on the roof which was a real treat. Since there isn't a gym, I put on my sneakers to go for a beach walk in the morning and I was thrilled to find that at the entrance to the beach there is a pubic fitness station with numerous machines to satisfy your every need. There actually were several stations like this along the way. There was also a Dog Park by the beach entrance and the Shalom Hotel is dog friendly with you want to bring your best friend with you. The boardwalk has numerous options for casual dining so you don't need a car when staying at Shalom. In a few minutes' walk you can be at the Port and I understand that we could have walked to Jaffa as well. If you like to bike, the hotels will lend you some wheels as well. After a busy day, it was beautiful to enjoy some complimentary gourmet teas and chill out on the rooftop before bed. It was a delightful experience!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank AdeleGutman

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I've never stayed in a boutique hotel before and was openminded about the experience. I was impressed about all aspects of my stay. The staff made me feel like I was part of the family and nothing was a burden to them.
I stayed for 2 weeks and did not want to go home.
I rented a car from Suncar ( 4 doors down ) and a free GPS was included because I was a guest. And parking across the street at the Hilton was much less expensive because I was a guest at the Shalom. The rooms are small but that's what there is outside of the US. Americans are used to everything being larger than life.
Breakfasts were outstanding and the choices plentiful. 5-7PM Happy Hour was a pleasant surprise and then there was always a choice of teas and delicious cookies at anytime of the day.
The rooftop had multiple seating areas and the view was breathtaking. And the flowers are beautiful.
I had a great free massage on the rooftop.
I will most definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear Judith Z,
Thank you for your enthusiastic review. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to make your first boutique hotel experience outstanding. Thank you for recognizing our welcoming staff who continue to work hard everyday to ensure high quality service and a relaxing stay. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the roof top massages & view of the sea along with our available food choices. We thank you for choosing to stay at the Shalom Hotel & Relax and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Eti Krichevsky, General Manager, Shalom Hotel and Relax
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels

Reviewed 15 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on two separate occasions during a recent trip to Tel Aviv and found both the service and location to be excellent. The hotel is right by the beach and has a lovely little rooftop (a lovely place to watch the sunset!) where a free 15-minute massage is offered daily. The hotel also offers complimentary towels and bags for the beach and bikes (though we didn't have the best experience with the latter - the two we were loaned were very old and work for a short ride, but not for a day of biking around the city). Overall, highly recommended for a couple or solo traveler.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Made my stay in Tel-Aviv to a very pleasant one. It's an excellent hotel in all parameters.
My suitcase came i late (which made me upset...) and they gave me a full set of Clothes and also i/o to improve mt feeling sent to my room an amazing rich dinner (free of charge). The people were very friendly and helping and one of the guys who ended his shift drove my colleagues and I to a great Night Club.

Room Tip: Something else.... If you like Architecture - Tel-Aviv has a district called "the white city&qu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Excellent boutique hotel with friendly helpful staff. In a good position for port and beach. Free wifi a bonus. Would recommend. Beautiful roof terrace is a real asset - a lovely spot for relaxing. Superior room charming decor and well appointed. Bathroom is very small but well designed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends