1,858 results
All reviewshappy hourfree massagespa roomrooftop deckhilton beachsuperior roomshakshukabeach bagsitting areahome away from homebusy streetbreakfast was deliciousrooms are smallisraeli breakfastthe location is perfectfionaavi
Reviewed 2 May 2012

If you want an intimate, spotless, comfortable respite away from the hubbub of Tel Aviv, this is the place! Not to mention the divine breakfasts and lovely "snacks" late in the afternoon. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JSMay
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My spouse and I stayed at the Shalom Hotel for the start of our easter vacation. The hotel had great reviews on TripAdvisor and had also been recommended by a personal friend who stayed there in the past. We were not at all disappointed!

The hotel is perfectly located one block from Hilton Beach and the promenade. The promenade is great for running or biking. The hotel is also close to the more "downtown" area, so it is easy to walk to bars and restaurants. Besides, the hotel has a great guide for places within walking distance.

The room was clean and well appointed, but a bit on the small side. With the two of us and large suitcases, we were a bit crowded, but this didn't take away from our experience. The service is always attentive and friendly, and they're willing to do a little extra for the guests' comfort.

The hotel offers a complimentary 15 minute massage, which is absolutely worth it! I was in town to run the Tel Aviv Marathon, so having a leg massage the day after was a the best gift the hotel could have given me! The only glitch with this is that the waiting set up is a bit unclear. I would recommend that the hotel uses a sign up sheet or something. Otherwise, one might have to wait outside for a while, or someone who was in front and laft temporarily might come back and cause some confusion.

They also offer free bikes for use by the guests. I highly recommend to take them and go for a ride along the coast. Breathtaking views and an excellent way to get around while still taking in the city.

Overall, I think this hotel caters well to the comfort of their guests and their service is excellent. I look forward to coming back!

Room Tip: Book a room in the higher categories.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that we were able to fully live up to your expectations. “Kol Hakavod” as we say here in Israel on your run in the marathon. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of our free bikes and had a nice time biking through the city. Thank you for your suggestions regarding our massages, we always appreciate it when guests share their thoughts with us as we use them to make improvements to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shalom Hotel and Relax.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

This charming small hotel was everything that we needed. The standard rooms are among the smallest ( but cute and very clean) that we've ever stayed in but the included breakfast buffet is among the best that we've ever had! We were out all day every day so for us it was the perfect place. We also found the employees exceptional in every way from giving advise to arranging taxis. The location was great- just across the street from a nice park and the ocean. The rooftop deck was a nice place to relax and we also borrowed the free bicycles one morning for a ride to the Tel Aviv port, just a few minutes away.We also had a complimentary 15 minute massage one morning which is a nice touch. They post the massage times every morning so you have to get a bit lucky with that. Overall I would stay there again mostly because they made us feel like part of their family, very personal touch.I would get one of the larger rooms if possible though.

Room Tip: We had a standard room which was very small and a very very small shower in the bathroom. Our son had an upgraded room which was alot better but they were sold out during our visit so no option to change rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you lovely comments, we are truly flattered and appreciate your kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of all the unique and enjoyable perks we offer to all of our guests. It is our main goal to make each guest feel comfortable with the added personal touch of an inviting warm atmosphere and we are happy to hear that you valued this. We look forward to your next visit with us and we thank you for choosing the Shalom Hotel and Relax during your visit to Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

(jul and nov 11)

I was there twice in 211.
Hotel is quite nice, with terrace, solarium and daily free massage and newspapers in english.

Staff:
friendly and helpful... except the owner (I guess, the old man that is usually on reception in the early morning) that seems grumpy... especially if you ask him to call a taxi from a company that has no agreement with the hotel (and that costs less than the taxi they offers).

Room: july room was very nice, november was a lot smaller but I paid the same price... and when I asked why they say that july one was an exception as they were full. All rooms were with sea allure and furnitures in shades of light blue and white.

Bed: very confortable.

Minibar: empty. You must go to a neighbour small market to buy something (afternoon staff will direct you to a cheap one that is very near).

Toilet: small but good, some with shower other with bathtube. Rooms with shower were smaller.

Breakfast area & breakfast: breakfast area is nice, with few tables of various kind and size. In it they serve breakfast and - when planned - the appetizers and drinks included in the "happy hour". Continental breakfast is quite good, including cow and sheep milks and yoghurts, omelettes, various kind of vegetables, etc...

Sun terrace: very nice... and you can enjoy a good sight of the sky and sea, even if interrupted by the Hilton buliding.

Booking and payment:
booking was done by a local contact with an agreed price on both my stays... The local contact ask me to cancel my reservation as the price I can obtain from him can be lower... at the end this lower price was without taxes, mine was with and so I payd around 10 EUR more on each night. So doublecheck if prices are with or without tax. Moreover on the first stay, at checkout they asked me a lot more money than agreed price (+20-25% +tax over the increased price). When I show them the confirmation fax they needed around 20 minutes to solve the issue to my (partial) satisfaction (agreed price + tax on the previously overpriced price).
This was totally unexpected, especially because in November the agreed price was the same as for end of july/beginning of august and I was fully aware of the +tax.
...It's true that the hotel expenses are on my company and not on me... so it is a problem only if you don't respect the budget...

Around area: a park, a beach, some shops and by 5 minutes walk very good restaurants (ask the staff for "Babunia" if you like fish or "Benedict" if you like eggs & breafast food served all day)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with bathtube, they are usually bigger than the one with shower. And check if the room is facing the main street: sight can be good, but it is onisy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank your for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that overall you were pleased with the hotel, our wonderful staff, location and especially our comfortable beds. We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as we pride ourselves on having a delicious breakfast with a large variety of food to please all of our guests. We thank your for choosing the Shalom Hotel and Relax and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

A small cosy paradise away from chaos, with a friendly athmosphere and staff. Short walk to beach, easy access to city center

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate you sharing your experience at the hotel. We are happy to hear you were pleased with the cozy, friendly atmosphere we provide and our location. Thank you for choosing the Shalom Hotel and Relax and we look forward to hosting you back on your next visit.