We arrived at the Dan Panorama with high expectations after researching places to stay in Jerusalem. While the outside view of the hotel looked very nice it was all down hill once we entered the small cramped lobby to check in. We had booked a room on the executive level in hopes of a city view & a bit larger room after being warned that rooms in Jerusalem were on the small side. The check in area is tiny, only 2 stations for this very busy hotel. The lobby was very worn with no seating area except for chairs in the lounge/dining area. Very run down looking and in great need of updating.
Our room was tiny so tiny that there was no room for 2 people to pass one another in the room, not to mention little room for suitcases. The room was dark, dark (worn rugs) curtains, walls, just awful and dated. We were shocked that this room was an "executive level room". when we mentioned this to the front desk they offered to show us other rooms, they were just as awful. We decided to just make the best of it since we were there to tour and not really be in the room.
Breakfast the next morning was a nightmare. A massive cattle call, tons of people and utter craziness as people tried to eat and get out on their tours. The food was awful! The OJ was watered down and everything was serve your self. The staff was so overwhelmed by all the people that they had no time to greet your or offer to get you anything. It too us two days to finally realize that there was an egg station.
We could not get out of there fast enough. We changed our booking and went back to Tel Aviv early just to escape the Dan. I will say that the one thing that made our time there tolerable was Ibrahim, in the executive lounge. He was wonderful, so helpful and warm. Went out of his way to help us in any way needed. He is a gem!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel is centrally located in the new part of the city, within easy reach of modern Jerusalem's lively center, theatres, shops and businesses, whilst it is still within walking distance of Jerusalem's major historic sites and the fascinating Old City. Our Jerusalem Hotel's prime location makes it a very convenient base for a family holiday or for business guests and the hotel offers a range of conference and convention facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Agoda so you can book your Dan Panorama Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Dan Panorama Hotel
- Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem