There are quite a few beautiful 5 star hotels near the Old City in Jerusalem, but NONE have such old world class, Assyrian inspired architecture, gorgeous gardens and grounds, perfect view, along with beautiful rooms, and excellent cuisine. If you can book well in advance (and if you can afford it) DO take one of the garden rooms that over look the gardens, the pool, and the balcony cafe just below...and of course with a view directly facing the Old City walls which glow gold in the setting sun...
We keep coming back here every time we visit Jerusalem, and the staff always remembers us, which adds to the old world charm, like coming home to the Holy City and feeling you belong.
From the hotel it's just a short walk to the Mammila walkway/shopping mall (a MUST visit), and from there you get right to the gates of the Old City (of course, a MUST).
We've been here dozens of times, nearly always in the garden rooms, and old as it is, it is always new.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King David Jerusalem Hotel is the Israel's most famous hotel stands majestic, overlooking the Old City of Jerusalem. This landmark hotel is steeped in history and is the preferred choice of world leaders and celebrities alike. This regal and outstanding member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is superbly located within walking distance from both the major historic sites of the Old City, and modern Jerusalem's lively center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your The King David reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King David Hotel Jerusalem
- King David Jerusalem
- King David Hotel Jerusalem