“clean but far away”

Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Montreal, Canada
“clean but far away”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

the hotel is located in a quiet, residential neighbourhood, 30min walk to old city.
its pretty easy to get around with public transportation as there is a popular bus stop 5min walk from the hotel. hotel staff was helpful in explaining how to get to the old city and how to use public transport. rooms were clean and the shower- water pressure was great. however the walls were very thin, we could hear everything happening in the hallways. rooms very basic, double bed was actually 2 twin beds put beside each other. breakfeast was included- basic.

2 Thank Les G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Toad Suck
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We were here to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and were well received by the staff. There were chocolates on our pillow. The front desk was always helpful in so many ways. Teaching us how to get around on the buses, where to find things, using the internet (ours flaked out the day we arrived). This was our first trip to Israel so everything was unfamiliar. It is in a quite neighborhood and we enjoyed that aspect of the location. Prior to our arrival they were very patient with us in getting everything set up and changing dates. If I were to do it again I would choose a balcony room as there is nothing doing on weekends so being able to sit outside would have been nice. Breakfast is not until 7:30 and I'm an early riser and it was usually late coming out. The in-room hot pot was a help as I brought my own instant coffee.

Room Tip: Balconies give you an outside experience. If you are a non-smoker it's about the only place to g...
California
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I'll say upfront that I stayed here about 1/2 an hour, long enough to use my free WiFi (as far as I can see, the one plus of this hotel) to find another hotel on my Iphone. It is far out in a residential neighborhood near nothing. I arrived on a holiday when, like on the Sabbath, no public transportation is running, so I would have to take a cab to the old city or walk for 30-40 minutes I was told. While registering the desk clerk asked if I wanted to pay for the three nights in advance (of course I said no) - a bad sign, as was the taped together old plastic key ring she handed me. The room was the kind I would have appreciated when I was 18 and backpacking through Israel an unnamed number of decades ago, one step up from a hostel, but sitting on the bed looking around in my middle age I burst into tears. There were some poorly done repairs on the wall and a TV from a couple decades ago, the floor tiles were bare and cracked. There were zero supplies in the bathroom, not even a bar of soap, the shower was a dark forbidding looking glass encasement, and the toilet seat was up and there was what looked like someone's urine in the bowl. I had a 48-hour cancellation requirement, but I negotiated with the manager through the desk clerk to have to pay only one night. I paid the $88 and believe I got a bargain for the right to leave and go to another hotel without getting fleeced. That hotel was twice as expensive, but a 10 minute walk from the old city, in a great neighborhood near everything, safe, friendly, and upscale (Leonardo Plaza), so I gladly paid it since it meant I didn't have to stay at the Eden Jerusalem. The second star is for the free WiFi and the nice desk clerk who called the taxi so I could leave.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Sarita53
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Hotel set in a residential area. Not very central but good bus route close by. Good value with local traditional breakfast. Basic bedrooms but clean. Free Wi-Fi. Extremely lovely, helpful staff gave us advice, helped book a rental car and a day trip to Masada and The Dead Sea.

Lake Success
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Eden Hotel is a bed and breakfast which is located near Midreshet Lindenbaum. The hotle is clean and the front desk if very helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of the Emek Refaim restaurants. The hotel is reasonably priced. The breakfast is adequate - I particularly liked the coffee machine and eating breakfast outside. The free internet access was another good addition.
I plan to return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo