Review Highlights
Very welcoming and amazing art!

I visited today and was warmly welcomed and assisted by Saja and Mo. They offered me some tea and... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
ThomasUK1
United Kingdom
Local Art and

Karen runs the business to support and promote local artists. She is friendly, knowledgeable and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
crouchy777
Sydney, Canada

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Jerusalem
All reviews local artists christian quarter on display old city prints artwork souvenir browse shop knowledge
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Wandering thru the narrow streets of the Christian quarter, we come upon the Gallery, my daughter struck conversation with the young man at the entrance, and quick glance at the serene space draw me in.
The space is not big by Gallery standards but is packed with beautiful art by local artists. The owner British lady is trading to give space to talented local artists to show their art. There are quite a big number of artists which show here, and the owners have keen eye for beautiful and unusual.
What I really liked is that is a serene space with quality among hustle and bustle of kitch!
I left regretting that I couldn’t kerry more stuff with me. But definitely going back.
If you want authentic fair priced local art than this is your place.
Highly recommend!

1  Thank NLgirl06
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Levantine gallery, tucked away in Old Jerusalem, is a true delight.

Run by Karen, originally from Liverpool, the gallery is the epitome of good taste and a relief from all the ‘ Tourist Tat’ lining the streets.

Fortunately we met Karen’s husband as we were entering Old Jerusalem through Damascus Gate and he gave us a card for the gallery. We enjoyed chatting with Karen over mint tea and purchased a nice pencil drawing which was easy to transport

1  Thank M-G30142
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This lovely art gallery holds a collection of well curated art pieces. You can buy originals or prints - something for any budget. The owner, Karen, was knowledgeable and friendly. Her prices are very fair and reasonable compared to other places I shopped. I picked up a wonderful print to commemorate my trip. Be sure to visit Tamara Gift Shop as well. It’s a few doors down and owned by Karen’s husband.

1  Thank Megan T
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

A beautiful gallery with Karen the owner, charming, knowledgeable and kind lady a must visit in the old city!

1  Thank Moni2362
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Calling all art lovers! This is THE stop for you in the Old City. Levantine Gallery is located right up the street from the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, in the Christian Quarter. When you first walk in, you are sure to be greeted by the strains of classical music and a warm smile from Karen, the British proprietor of the shop. I have scarcely met such a genuine person in this or any city. Karen is so easy to talk to and has the most incredible life story. I've witnessed her strike up a genuine and engaging conversation with every single person who comes in. You can also tell she has a passion for art--her shop truly is her love. Plus, she supports many local artists--women in particular--and her prices are very fair.

I am a student studying in Jerusalem for 4 months. I've been into Karen's multiple times and will continue to visit because it is just the greatest atmosphere--definitely a quiet reprieve from the hustle and bustle of Old Jerusalem.

If anything, Levantine Gallery is a great stop to just take a breath and absorb the culture and art offered there. Stop by, admire the pieces she has in, and chat with her. I promise you'll walk away completely refreshed and probably more cultured.