“The most amazing place I have ever been to!”

and 1 more site!
New Palm Hotel & Hostel
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The hostel is located few meters away from the Damascus gate,the location is perfect for buses,old town,food and anything you wish. We were planing to stay there for only 1day,but since the location,the staff and the people who live in the hostel were so great we decided to stay there for another extra 3 days .thank you palm hostel for this unforgettable experience,please don't change into some posh looking hostel as we want to come back next year !

• Stayed: January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for New Palm Hotel & Hostel

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Bed Bugs galore...! I went to the Dead Sea that day, and the itch! I looked myself in a mirror and I had so many spots all over my skin. The owner (Hatim) was in denial. So I went back to my bed and took a bug (Cimex lectularis), and put it in a cigarrette plastic wraping. He dares asking me why I brought this to his place...! The nerve. They should burn all the matresses. Then the noise. The place is NOT for the guests but for the friends and family of the owner. All day since 6 AM until 1 AM talking loud, smoking in the non-smoking areas and ocuppying the tea room and the sitting room. All the Arab shouting and arguing and the disrespect to the female guests... They even shut off the gas line couple of times so the guests wont cook and to save money...They sent me to sleep to the Petra, managed by his brother, and I saw rat traps all over the floor of the downstairs private rooms...

Room Tip: They are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Noel_D57658
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We booked a double room for 230NIS a night for 3 nights. Great price, except that it came with lukewarm water in the toilet (the manager insists that there's hot water 24/7) and poor drainage so the room STANK after we flushed the toilet.

We were received by Alex, a staff member, who was very pushy and insisted we needed a driver to get around Bethleham to see the attractions. As it turns out, Bethleham was a small place and we were told by the driver to walk around while he smoked at a corner. Alex also didn't mentioned that there was a public bus right outside the hostel that would take us to Bethleham centre.

The price for a Bethleham trip was advertised at the lobby for 160NIS but when he took us into the office, it became 600NIS instead because there apprarently wasn't enough people. Alex said he would refund us if more people came along to split the cost. However, there was no refund when another guest came on the trip.

We would have moved to another hostel if not for the fact that I paid by mastercard and they refused to give a refund.

By far the WORST hostel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Don't pick this hostel. Walk around - there are plenty of other hostels dotting the same locatio...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank da-phish
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The leader of the hotel required more in the payment of stay than agreed with us. The staff there was nice and comfy. I hope the hotel has become a better leader.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JesperP
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Bedbugs in beds. No service what so ever. Stay away!

• Stayed: September 2011