“Awesome guide” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jerusalem Three Religions Holy City Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 214 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rain or shine, a free tour starts at 11:00 & 14:00 every day.
New Jersey, USA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Awesome guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Thank you Danny for your terrific free tour of the Old City of Jerusalem. You were able to show us so much in a short 3 hours and were very thorough in giving us a history lesson on so many aspects of the city. I also greatly appreciated you stopping the tour to find my family who got left behind in the narrow streets of the city. I would highly recommend this tour company and look for it in all my future travels

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Valens
“New Jerusalem Tour with Itao”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Itao many thanks for you help. I first paied for the "Olive Mount" but we have joined the "New Jerusalem" with Itao, may be because he looks very trustfully and I am sometimes out of the order in my brain. So we went through the New Jerusalem Tour and get some interesting stories and places to know about. As I am not religious I like all religious extremities which come together at this "holly" place for them. It was unbelievable experience to come to Izrael anyway, some people are lovely, most of them jewisch, some tries to cheet you. I will not describe there religion. However, Itao organized for me to get my money back form the missing "Olive Mount" tour, becase we had to leave. The next time I arived at Jerusalem I will do it and prepare my selve better.

Bethlehem, West Bank
“Free Tour of Old Jerusalem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had an excellent tour with a wonderful tour guide, Danny, who kept us comfortable on a hot day by giving us time to rest in the shade. He was very knowledgeable and fair in describing a historically complicated place. We highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Jerusalem.

Seattle
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“First rate guide helps make for a good Old City tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Old City tour with Mr.Schwartz was first rate. Not too expensive - 75 NIS per person, and very informative. We had been hanging around Jerusalem for a couple of weeks and had a reasonable sense of the Old City. Mr. Schwartz greatly deepened that sense. He picked a good place to eat - we had been there several times already - Abu Shukri, consistently good. Moreover, none of the usual waste of time "shopping." As always, the guide is the critical variable; I don't know how to make sure you're with Mr. Schwartz, but if you're going to do this one, see if you can get him.

Visited March 2012
vancouver BC
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Good for an introductory overview”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I learned about the free tour on the Internet and decided to take it on my first day in Jerusalem to give me a quick overview of the Old City. I arrived in Israel at 2.30 am after 24 hours and 10 time zones of travel and twelve hours later I was on the tour! It did the trick. The guide was informative and amusing and more or less non-political -- just what I wanted.
I think that apart from backpackers who are broke, most people who take the tour should budget something for it. Guides don't work for nothing -- they need to eat too. So don't chintz out and try and get by with a dollar or two. I gave 10$ and I figure that if everyone else gave that, the guide would have had a good day.
I heartliy recommend it for a quick overview. And Sandeman has several other tours, all reasonably priced. Check out their website

Visited March 2012