“Please renovate!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Haifa
New York City, New York
“Please renovate!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The view from this hotel can't be beat. But if you're not looking outside, the price just isn't justified. I'll bet the bathroom hasn't changed since my grandmother visited Haifa in the mid-70's. Rooms are fine but oh-so-tired and need updating. Breakfast is good but not great. The staff is lovely, however.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

The view is amazing..breakfast is good... Dirty rooms ... The service is super.. I wanna mention tow nice guys(waiter) Saleh Abd halim And patrick

• Stayed April 2012
Tempe.AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was always told that the Dan Carmel was not as nice as the Dan Panorama Haifa, so I never stayed there. This trip, however, due to the Pesah holiday, I could only get a room at the DC. I am really glad I did. I was completely misled by my associates. The rooms are bigger than the DP, every room has a balcony, and the beds have a complete top mattress (DP always gave me two twins pushed together.) The rooms are also being remodeled and updated. One of the managers, Berta, showed me the new rooms. They are very nice.

Due to the remodel, the hotel was less than half full. Because of this, there were not many people at breakfast and I imagine that staffing was reduced. The servers always took care of me, but sometimes it was slow getting coffee. One day, I came in and Ahmed saw me. He was in the middle of doing something, but he immediately stopped and went to get me coffee. He said that he noticed I always wanted coffee first. I was impressed by that. Ryan was also very helpful and cordial. I wish I could remember everyone's names.

The Business lounge is also the largest and nicest of any hotel I have stayed in Haifa. The spread is similar to DP, but there is much more seating and an outside patio. Again, I am forgetting some names, but Reut and Nicholas stood out as exceptional. I also had good experiences with Nicholas at the front desk.

I almost forgot to mention Gregory, the door man. I briefly met him when I checked in, but he remembered my name and greeted me with "Good evening/morning, Jim," every time he saw me.

I have to walk about 5 minutes longer to get to my favorite restaurants and pubs, but I will be requesting DC in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

The location is great, the service is excellent.
The staff is helpful, considerate, attentive
The rooms, lobby, restaurant and facilities are excellent
The food quality, presentation, and quantity cannot be better.
A preferred place to stay.
We had no complaints during 10 days visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

When we stayed at this hotel, we had a brief but unpleasant stay. We arrived at our room, to find a bathroom with a broken toilet seat and a weak air conditioner. When we requested for our toilet seat to be fixed, a handyman came to our room saying that only that the toilet seat is broken, advising us not to wiggle our bottoms. After this event, we had decided we had enough and checked out and checked in at the Dan Panorama

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family