1,426 results
All reviewsthe executive loungechicago restaurantbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetsea viewliving roomlong weekendpool area istel avivfamily vacationexcellent foodbusiness loungenice poolsaladhiltonmeganisrael
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here , hotel is beautiful , great location on the beach and right next to all the business of Eilat how ever it is perfect for a family and a couple or on business , I recommend and will be back again , room was great , be sure to ask for a sea view !

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Queen of Sheba ... E, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for your review, its great you found all aspects of the hotel enjoyable and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Big luxurious hotel with spacious clean rooms, unending breakfast buffet and pleasant and helpful staff. It was a pleasure meeting Hilbun and hearing how a boy from Alabama wound up in Israel. He is a real treat as he greets you at the entrance. We would also like to thank Arik at the concierge desk with advising us on restaurants and helping us with our other requests. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Queen of Sheba ... E, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate hearing of your satisfaction with our team Hilbun and Arik and their assistance. Thank yuo for mentioning the breakfast buffet, we do have a wide variety as it is the most important meal of the day :)
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Stayed there for 4 days. The hotel rooms are clean and nice size. The shower is great with good shower head and quality shampoo and soap jell. The breakfast buffet is amazing with a lot of food assortments and fresh baked goods. The pool area is nice with many lawn chairs, chairs and sun umbrellas.
The only thing that kept me from 5 stars:
1. Bathroom has only 1 hand towel and no face towels.
2. Smoking in the pool area.
3. Open liqueur drinking in the pool area from glass bottles.
4. Nightly entertainment was a joke.
5. Underground parking full so you need to find a spot on the street.
6. No beach at hotel. need to walk to a public beach.

Room Tip: Get the hotel breakfast in the deal.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Queen of Sheba ... E, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and compliments.
Thank you for mentioning the great breakfast buffet and pool area.
We have noted the comments on the towels, and smoking and drinking in the pool area, our evening entertainment is a lobby singer every night, during holidays we have other options. The parking is based upon availability of space and unfortunatley we do not have a private beach but the ones near are open to all.
We hope to welcome you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Excellent service, breakfast delicious with large verity of food. Very friendly staff. Great location, near the strip and the beach. Very well organized possibility to purchase different type of tours on a daily basis. Thank you very much Queen of Sheba. Sincerely. Albert and Marina.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Queen of Sheba ... E, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we truly are glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel. Thank you for mentioning the service and food. We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

The hotel is a beautiful building located directly on the waterfront near much of the tourist activity and within walking distance of several shopping malls and a fair number of restaurants. That means great location but noisy if you like open windows and are not on a high floor. The hotel does not have its own beach but is near the Dan and Herod beaches, which are the least rocky/pebbly (only for a few meters from the entry point). You might want to bring water-shoes. Don't miss this frosty water experience.

The hotel has four swimming pools, one for infants. The pool area is lovely. We did not have problems finding lounge seats when we went, usually around 15:00. It was unclear to me exactly which parts were smoking and non-smoking areas despite the signs. We did not have the nasty experiences one reviewer reported but then we did not challenge the two smokers near us or the pool staff.

Our room (340) was very spacious with a kitchenette and facing the sea. We were on top of the Karibu restaurant bar, which stays open until late, and facing foot and some car traffic so it was noisy when we wanted to open the window in the evening. I recommend a higher floor. The hotel has rennovated (more expensive) and non-renovated or partially-renovated rooms. Our room was non-rennovated, meaning furniture was heavier and less modern. This is not a catastrophe. Neither were the chips or scuff marks on the furniture and carpet. However,I am not sure how thorough the room had been cleaned (dust around the safe and a few other places) and the bathroom had signs of what I fear might be mold (black stains under parts of the marble counter ledge that goes around the bathroom and on the bottom of the gnawed door frame). This signals possible health issues to me. The room had three large windows with a sea view. One or two were dirty on the outside, which sort of defeats their purpose. Neverthless, I need to thank Victor at Reception for his effort to try and find a room that fit our request for a sea view at a time the hotel was packed for Independence Day and for letting us have it so early. He really tried to make our stay successful.

Breakfast was more varied than at any other hotel I have ever visited in Israel or abroad. As I started a vegan diet, I can only comment on the items I ate. The fresh salad bar, prepared vegetarian salads, baked antipasti, whole sesame tahini, and baguettes were great. I had no problem getting soy or almond milk for coffee. My husband sampled a much wider variety of foods and had no complaints -- and he is a complainer. The staff were very attentive. I need to signal out Fadi, a really hands-on-manager who makes things run smoothly in the restaurant, Yulia, a waitress, and Rahamim, the man who walks from table to table serving coffee. (There is also an expresso bar.)

We strongly recommend the Axum Restaurant in the lounge. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. My husband had a Nicoise salad (with three rolls) and I had the penne plus a side salad. Another evening, he had a pizza and I took the humus platter plus a side salad (with four pitas). Neither of us could finish our portions. My husband commented on the fact that he did not have any hearburn that evening as he usually does when eating pizza in the evening. And the staff were friendly and willing, particularly Yelena/Alina.

Eilat attracts Israeli families with small children and the 20-40 year-old-set who want to live it up in a resort town. Some people may consider them rude, noisy, and more aggressive while others may consider them full of joy. Also, some of them probably are all those things and don't even realize they are bothering you. The hotel gave us a paper telling us how to behave and not behave, so I think they are trying to deal with this.

Brad, the Assistant Manager, listened to my compliments and my complaints. As he, too, is a very-hands-on manager, I hope he considers my suggestions.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for a full detailed review. We are sure this is a help to us and our future guests. We appreciate each and every one of your comments/notes and will take care of the cleaning of the room you stayed in. We are continuing with renovations in the rest of the rooms and bathrooms so our guests do have a choiice of room types and prices. Thank you for complimenting our Restaurants teams, we are very proud of our team members and appreciate the hard work they do especially during busy times.
I believe you spoke to our Operations Manager, Brad runs the executive lounge. We will definaltely work on improvements and consider your suggestions. Thanks again, we hope to see you return.