“So much noise!”

Ranked #33 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Herzeliya
“So much noise!”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel this weekend, and while the hotel facilities are good and it is clean - it is the noisiest hotel we have been to. It hosts tons of loud teenagers and others who find it funny playing loud music and banging on drums at 4 am in the morning. It seems like the hotel crew can't handle them. During the night they sit around the hotel drunk of vodka spreading litter all over the hotel. Overall the stay was terrible and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Sharfshtein
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Sharfshtein,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are glad you liked the hotel location as well as our facilities. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the noise from our other guests may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
tel aviv
Reviewed 19 April 2012

hey.

I stayed at your hotel in Eilat for a weekend vacation.
I had a wonderful time, the staff was very gracious and professional, the food was really good and everyone was just so nice!
I can definitely say that I will be returning in the future and I warmly recommend!

reli

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
dear guest

We greatly appreciate you taking the time and wrote a comment regarding your experience with the Crowne Plaza Eilat, Israel.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Situated next to the lagoona and 5 minute walk from the main beaches and Eilat's promenade the hotel's location is very good. The upgraded room we have reserved was big and clean although it was lacking hand towels and shower soap which we had to ask for in our two days stay. on the plus side we did have a coffee maker, large LCD screen and a balcony overlooking the lagoona and the beach.
On the negative side - The swimming pool was closed for restoration, something we have not been informed when we did the reservation, and on the first day of our stay the hotel was hosting a big conference which caused poor service at breakfast when we had to wait long time to get the available tables cleaned, clean dishes and glasses. On the second day, conference over, the story was much different. Now I know that one of the things to be inquired during reservation is what conference is being hosted at the time of my planned stay.

• Stayed February 2012

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Well in all fairness we arrived at the start of Christmas vacation when a lot of tourists were in town as well it was Chanuka when all the kids were out of school and it seemed like everyone of them was staying in our hotel. The lobby looked like a giant playground and the noise was deafening but it was Chanukah. Got our room and remember this hotel is running at 99.5% occupancy. Water in the sink would not go down and the plumbing department is coming up at just after midnight with a plunger to push the water down with water all over the floor. They cant fix it and there are no other rooms. We are exhausted we go to sleep in the room with out brushing our teeth with out being able to do much no shower and no sink. Thankfully the toilet does work. Morning I go down to talk with the manager who happens to be a realy nice guy. He sympathises with me and tells me I am right this is not good service! Let me make it right for you and dinner is on the house every night for as long as you are staying. They came through for me in about an hour I had the penthouse floor with a room facing the ocean that was superb.I am a happy camper and I and my guest have dinner comped for 5 nights we are there. Now let me tell you about the diningroom for the first two days breakfast was like a cyclone. Hundreds of kids with food on the floor with food all over the tables and kudos to the waiters and waitresses who were able to keep up and clean up. The food was spectacular and even better in the evening. I mean they had a chef there who thought up ideas that were amazing for dinner and tasted even better than the presentation. Unfortunately the weather which is why I went down there sucked but only the lord has control over that. It was cold during the day and almost went down to freezing at night. Not your typical Eilat days and nights. Actually this was the coldest weather ever recorded in Israel since they have been keeping records with over 6ft of snow in the Hermon mountains in Northern Israel. By the way when the kids left and we were still there wow what a difference. It became like a normal Crowne Plaza hotel quiet refined good service and I think we only had about 25% occupancy which was nice for me and I think as well for the people working there. To sum it up the hotel is nice it has a nice pool it has nice grounds but its an older property that looks and feels tired. What they have to do is spend some money and redecorate the place and do some changes to the grounds. Would I stay there again most likely, would I rather spend a few bucks more and stay at the Hilton Queen of Sheba, I think so. But the food at this hotel is better than the Hilton so everythi9ng is a tradeoff. Go to Eilat and spend some money the country needs it

Room Tip: Any room on the top floor dont go anywhere else!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank shakenotstirred
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear shakenotstirred,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You certainly covered all aspects of your stay and I am glad to see how our manager helped you out and made your stay a much better experience. The noise was hard to control as you mentioned we were running at almost full occupancy. On behalf of our chef, we thank you for your great compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back another time!

Lin S.
IHGCare
Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We got a very amazing winter deal - room reservation included dinner for the same price as breakfast only. We didn't expect too much and were very pleasantly surprised by very large rooms and generous, delicious meals. We stay in Eilat once or twice a year in 5 star hotels, and this one has one of the best breakfast and dinner buffets we have experienced.. Large choice and very delicious food.
Any problem/request was dealt with immediately by the hotel staff.
We also had free internet for as many computers/smartphones that we had.

Down side:
1. Is further back from the beach and promenade than most of the hotels in the area. It is about a 10 minute walk to the beach front, which can be a plus after eating so much in the buffet, but may be uncomfortable during the hot summer months.
2. Shows in the hotel had way too loud music.
3. Check facilities. Although we reserved our room through Crowne Plaza reservation, no one told us that the pool was under repair. Guests could use a neighboring hotel's pool, but I think reservation should have told us about this.

All in all was a very good hotel and certainly was an excellent deal.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family