See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2014

A damp place, stinks, service as bad as spraying cheap parfume in a room full with cigaret's smell and view to the garbage,\.
We didn't even bother to stay and went back home (!) (a 4 hour drive)
Done't even think about it!

Room Tip: Don't get close
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We went to Eilat for a day of scuba diving and needed an inexpensive place to sleep. The Hotel was recommended as nice if unassuming.
The room and bathroom were clean. Aside from that, paint was peeling from the walls, 3 out of 4 light fixtures did not work. The a/c was average.
During the first night there was an unholy racket going on in the hall by our room. We called the reception twice to notify but nothing was done. Finally, I went out to find a dozen young people having a noisy get together. I asked them to leave and was barely heard. Finally I had to scream at them, twice, before we could get some sleep.
In the morning, I complained at the front desk, to which I was told that I should have come down to point out the problem at the night clerk (who is not supposed to leave his post),
The second night was quieter.

Room Tip: None. Unless it is for an overnight, find another place.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Daniel1205
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Rio in Eilat before going on a tour to Petra. It is a lovely little hotel, slightly away from the main tourist area. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and it is a short walk to the beach. The staff were very friendly and informative. I have no idea where the people writing the bad reviews are coming from. For the price you pay - no, it's not the Hilton, but it has nice, spacious rooms with A/C, a nice pool, and tasty breakfast. Internet only works in the lobby. We will definitely stay here again if we go back to Eilat!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kaylaco13
Reviewed 16 February 2014

we had booked 2 nights for about 50$/room/night - breakfast included
The rooms are relatively clean but have to be refurbished. However the beds covers had cigarette burned holes.
We did not had big expectations for such a price and the hotel supplied more or less what they have promissed.
The breakfast was very basic but the quanntity was sufficient inspite the small variety.
the low rating is due to the extremly noise during all day and mainly during the night.
Shouting in the public areas, noise of doors closing until 2 AM and staring 6 AM.
I understand that it is not the hotel which has to educate guests to respect other guests. the low rating is because the staff did not had done nothing when some young drunken girls had shouting at 1AM in the pool area (near the rooms windows) and they hallowed some guest to do a party in their room with lous music and shouting, with open doors until 2 AM.
We have left after one day and did not wait for the 2nd night of nightmare.

The hotel call himself "boutique" hotel but did not take care of the guests minimum comfort
Close to the shopping area, far from the town attractions
Will not come again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dan b
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Might be what you get for the money but not worth staying anyway. The location is very bad, outside the main tourist area and ca 15-20 minutes away from decent restaurants and beaches. The pool is closed for the winter, which was never mentioned on their website. The room was shabby with a damaged wall and ceiling in the bathroom, and a damaged bath as well. The breakfast is served at a smelly room, with plastic cuttlery. The only good things are free wifi internet in the lobby and a friendly staff - but that won't compensate for the rest.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo