All reviewsthe busturkeyfree shuttleswimming poolrooms are basichostelstationephesus
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome! This is the only place you should stay when visiting Selcuk!

Atilla & Carlos are amazing. Always around to chat to, hang out with or ask questions. Just feels like home.

The pool area and bar is great. So many areas with comfy seats to relax.

I stayed in a private room. Clean and comfortable with aircon.

Also had dinner there 3 nights in a row! It is absolutely delicious and a must!!
Fantastic to come back after a long & hot day out to jump in the pool and then have a fabulous dinner with mezes & bread.
They cater for vegetarians and vegans. And the portions are huge.

They offer 6 options for breakfast.

Location and surroundings are great. It is a bit out of town, but there is a free shuttle to the centre by the bus station. Very convenient.

Do the hike to Ephesus from Atillas.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank LianiG1
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We spent 2 beautiful days here and while initially reserved myself that the place would be too noisy, hectic and too far from Selçuk central my concerns should have not been an issue at all.

Atilla's run shuttle services to/from the property as needed. There is a friendly environment with beautiful views all around. The swimming pools are very clean and while rooms are basic the bed mattress was extremely comfortable and everything was clean. Nice soft towels too and extra towels provided for the pool should you need one.

There's a bar and you can purchase snack meals throughout the day.

It's a family friendly environment. I recommend to anyone wanting to chill with surrounding nature but necesarily doing so in luxury style.

Thank you for accommodating us Carlos and Atilla. I hope to be back one day.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Stay here! I'd say in my Top 10 hostels in the world for staff, facilities and location. Atilla and his team can't do enough, there's a swimming pool, spotless rooms, great food and an amazing view of the town from the restaurant / bar area at night . The location is top drawer, set a little out of town in the hills. The free shuttle works a dream too. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, so glad I didn't stay in town.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I stayed here for 3 days and what a great experience. Atillas and Carlos both were great hosts. I stay here was really looked after well from the point I arrived to the day I left. Thank you very much Atallias, you have inspired me and to you Carlos, thanks for the good food. I highly recommend this place, paradise.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are great
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2017

If you're anywhere near Selcuk, Atilla's Getaway is a must-visit! I'd been traveling for a few weeks by the time I returned to Atilla's this trip (I stayed here in Jun 2014 and I planned my travels this time around a couple of days R&R at Atilla's) and I was so pleased to arrive. There is very little you need to worry about once you hit the Getaway: Carlos, who has worked there for eons, takes you to and collects you from town - for free; Sylvia, Atilla's mother, cooks the best meals - breakfast is wonderful, with a choice of six meals, including the Mediterranean breakfast (cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, eggs, meat, olives, bread); omelette; muesli with yoghurt, fruit and honey; French Toast. Her dinners are fabulous and are very reasonably priced. I found that I didn't need to eat lunch - perhaps a piece of fruit. The bedrooms and bathrooms are immaculate; the beds are comfortable; the sheets are crisp (which is not always the case); and the water is hot.

The highlight of Atilla's is the outdoor area: it's like you're in Atilla's own backyard, complete with his pool, bar, lounge and sunbathing cushions. There are two parts to the pool and one is a lot colder than the other. The Getaway is located out of the main town area and is surrounded by hills and trees. It truly is a beautiful spot.

If you wish to visit Ephesus, Atilla will direct you out of his back gate, up the hill and onto the road which takes you into the back of Ephesus. It's a pleasant walk and makes you feel a little more like you're in ancient Turkey.

Atilla is the consummate host: he is warm, friendly, knowledgeable, generous, kind and welcoming. He obviously loves his part of Turkey and being in the tourism industry. He knows almost everyone in the surrounding area. I had my hair cut in town and the hairdresser was friends with Atilla's family.

Atilla's Getaway is a haven in the middle of your travels. Everything is taken care of: washing is done for 15TL (about $7.50 AU); meals are there; there are board games, pool toys; the bar stocks most drinks and they are reasonably priced; and Carlos will take you to town if you like and pick you up. When I was there, all the guests had extended their original booking. I was visiting for three nights, but extended to four. Didn't want to leave. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo