All reviews garden restaurant the owner the bus dorm room chinese wife turkey attached restaurant great place to stay private bathroom room was spotless st johns basilica hot water family run traditional turkish breakfast couple of nights izmir airport hussein
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Once again I finished my 4 week holiday at the Boomerang Guesthouse. After a very warm welcome from Huseyin and the whole family I sat down with a beer for a chat about life since my last visit. Like everywhere else in Turkey this year Selcuk was very quiet. I had got a chest infection on the way from Cappadocia so was a bit groggy. Candy helped me contact the pharmacy (Eczane) and I got some antibiotics. This meant staying for 2 weeks, instead of my usual 6 days. I needen't have worried I was well looked after, inspite of a bereavement which meant Huseyin had to be away for a few days. Candy looked after me, cooked for the restaurant and kept the guesthouse running. The place is spotlessly clean, breakfasts excellent and unlimited tea. I really recommend the Boomerang for a relaxing stay. Its next door to the museum, near the bus station and railway and an easy stroll to Ephesus. Thats not all, St Johns Church and the Castle are less than 5 minutes away and Selcuk itself is a lovely friendly relaxing place.

Room Tip: I love the Dorm but, with my wife, have stayed in a groundfloor double. Lovely
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2016

first of all, Location is very nice just 100 meters from bus station. the hostel is clean and nice. Candy ( host ) is very nice and helpful. she and her brother are very helpful. food is good. rooms are clean with cozy beds.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank shubhamjain2000
Reviewed 17 July 2016

I felt so at home here, my stay here is definitely one of the best highlights of my 15 days travel around Turkey. This humble guesthouse, run by a couple (a local guy and his Chinese wife) – to me – beats all places in terms of hospitality, they have really extensive knowledge of their area and wider Turkey and will not hesitate to help you with suggestions or provide you with information that you need to plan your future travels. I arrived around 8.30am in the morning after a 9hours bus ride from Istanbul and I was welcomed warmly by lady boss with a cup of Turkish Tea in their awesome courtyard restaurant.

Nothing seems like a hassle to them, no questions were too difficult for them and saw them go out of the way to make calls if they are not really sure about something, they were even very welcoming even to people who had to wait the entire day for their departure transport out of Selcuk in their courtyard restaurant where I usually hanged out with other travellers.

I was travelling on to Fethiye after my stop in Selcuk and they helped me make a call to the bus station to find out schedules (which I read was not possible online) and place an onward reservation for my direct bus tickets, I just had to turn up at the bus station and pay for my tickets. I also placed a reservation for a tour to Pamukkale with them, instead of deciding to go it alone; it was one of the best decisions that I made on this trip, the tour conducted by the company they were working with was very informative – learnt a lot about the ancient city that sits atop of the cotton castle, Hierapolis and also Turkey as a country, discovered a lot of current information which I will not probably have understood should I have roughed it out alone. In short, you can feel safe in their hands, very reliable host couple and place.

Lady boss cooks really stomach fulfilling food here, all dishes on their restaurant menu and the complimentary breakfast which you receive every morning (which was really huge for me) were probably done up herself in the guesthouse’s kitchen. I was craving for some Chinese cuisine in Turkey and here I was able to receive tastes which are as close to home as ever.

The rooms were just nice for me (I picked a single private room), value for money, clean, neat and they did their job. Location was perfect, just opposite the town’s main bus station where all the intercity buses arrive and depart and minibuses to neighbouring towns leave. You can go to and return from Ephesus (you can just walk too), Pamukkale, Kusadasi and Izmir easily in a day.

Overall I felt the sincerity and warmth of both the owner and lady boss. I thought this place was also very value for money and convenient. If I have the opportunity to do another trip around Turkey, I will definitely stop by their really lovely and homely place again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank 关 怀
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Great breakfast, very filling!
Helpful staff doing their best despite downturn in visitors to Turkey.

Large out door area/restaurant seating. Wi-fi works best here and in reception rather than downstairs dorm.

5 mins from bus station and the sights located in town. Quiet location.

Downstairs dorm is bright and modern but quite humid. Little natural light. Two fans on the ceiling help but this could be improved. Good showers and sockets for every bed which was good.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S H
Reviewed 1 July 2016

This is a lovely guest house, right near the town centre. Everything is within walking distance, including the historic Ephesus. A must see.The rooms were spacious, well presented, clean and modern. Bed very comfy. Breakfast in the attached restaurant courtyard was just lovely. You can have a great meal or afternoon drink in the leafy restaurant courtyard or wander into the city. Our hosts were very wrlcoming, nothing was too much trouble. They were great with local knowledge and advice on what to see / do. The Saturday market is an absolute delight, so many stalls and such variety.. And very cheap! Thoroughly recommend this stay on all levels.

Room Tip: No tip needed! Stayed there with friends, they had a lovely room too. If stairs an issue, then request a ground floor room when booking
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple