See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

İt was shortly 3 nice days in this hotel. Due my business in grand bazaar part i have beden staying in this hotel. Staff speaks english arabish russian german and dutch, little bit multi cultural hotel, Very clean rooms and enough variety for breakfast. Thanks a lot

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2015

Great friendly staff, rich breakfast services and clean rooms, they speak very good English Arabisch. We arrived super early in the morning but they still allowed us to check in.
We reached the hotel by taking the metro from the airport. The hotel was only 5 mins away from the metro station. The Blue Mosque and Ayasofya were a few minutes away by walk. The Grand Bazaar was also close by. I really enjoyed the desert shops near the hotel. We will visit this lovely hotel and istanbul again

Room tip: the rooms with big balcony at the front side
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2014

We were sent to stay here because our hotel had remedial issues with the room we had booked, we stayed for one night thankfully! The staff on the front desk were really nice and the bedroom and bathroom were really clean. I was dismayed when I saw the size of the room, my partner is only 5ft 3 and could just about fit into the bathroom! she could not lift her arms to wash her hair in the shower without knocking the walls.
The bedroom had a double bed in it which was wedged up to the wall. between the bed and the opposite wall there was probably about 15inches, no room to open your suitcase without placing it on the bed.

On our departure the next morning, we told the staff on the reception desk that there is no way that there should have been a double bed in that room, it was downright uncomfortable and the only thing I can say is we truly appreciated the hotel we had originally booked when we got there! Sorry Newport but this will simply not do.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean, the brekki is really good. Good access to the grand bazaar and the Hagia Sophia, and Taksim.
Not worth to book online on they website as they never check it. The bar is very small, but good enough to hv a tea and some rest between shopping and dinner. Staff speaking english hungarian and russian.
They have couple of inrooms( no windows) Make sure u mention for the reception that u defo dont want that! Awful!
Price is negotiable so dont be afraid to make a deal on ur arrival!

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Rita G
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The Newport Hotel is the worst place I've stayed at. For the price you can stay much closer to the sights and in better places. While the rooms aren't bad, it's the management that needs to change. I left a package with the front desk telling them it was very fragile and to please find a safe place for it. They assured me they would. When I came back I found my package thrown into a sink and broken in several pieces. When I asked for some kind of compensation the desk manager tried to call the head manager but he refused to talk to me. An hour of arguing (while we needed to be on the road to the airport) eventually led to the manager agreeing to give me about a tenth of the packages' worth. Completely unacceptable behavior in my opinion. I have never been so poorly treated by a hotel and would highly recommend that you stay somewhere else. There are so many nicer hotels in the same price range in the same area!

Date of stay: October 2012