“Everything is Delicious / Her şey nefis ”
Review of Forno Balat

Forno Balat
Ranked #340 of 14,903 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Italian, Turkish
Neighbourhood: Fener & Balat
Neighbourhood: Fener & Balat
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We went to Balat, the old Jewish quarter of Istanbul upon the recommendation of a restaurant critic. This place is run by a Jewish lady and is rather small and very popular. They serve buffet breakfast in the weekends. However their specialty is their excellent lahmacun which is a kind Iif thin pizza with minced meat, their pides and pizzas. They also serve lentil soup, salads and desserts as well as tea and coffee.

Lovely place, good service, excellent food.
Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

I had lahmacun and pide with ayran and tea. I can say that the taste and quality of them are a little bit above the average. There are restaurants making much better pide and lahmacun in Istanbul. The prices are above average, lahmacun is 8 TL. But in any case, I am happy to see the existence of a restaurant making traditional Turkish food such as lahmacun and pide. It is a small resturant with a really nice design. I shouls also say that there is no chair for kids. Balat was a forgotten place and now it is being discovered. There is a rapid change in the neighborhood. I believe that soon we will see many new cafes and restaurants. And this competition will increase the quality.

1  Thank ryu132
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Delicious crispy Lahmacun. Very tasty! I witnessed the pizza and the pides, @next tables, my mouth was watering. But the best part was the sweet! Soufle with apricot jam. This was the star of the evening. Forget everything this soufle make your visit worth it!
I highly recommend all of my friends!

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Simply fantastic Pide and Lahmacun I throughly recommend eating here. I could go on and on but the 5 stars says what needs to be said!

1  Thank DCMadd
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We have been walking around balat and his beautiful color houses and we found forno, its a small but nice restaurant, we had a really good time.