If we came back we would book here again in a heart beat. The room appeared quite small partly due to the decorative blanket draping from the already low ceiling. Another thing to note, the hot water was excellent & plentiful but a few times it would switch to cold for a minute. About 10 min walk to the Sultanahement tram station with a lovely view of the Bosphorus. Below I’ve listed a few pros and cons:
1.Our twin room was on the top floor right next to the kitchen/common room (room 402) so we could hear them preparing breakfast at 7:30 every morning and other guests conversing at night.
2.There was a bit of construction going on during the day so when my friend needed to take a rest it was nearly impossible with the drilling going on next door.
3.Breakfast hours were 8-10. Personally I would have preferred something like 7-10
1.Price. This was a big one. At 40 Euros per night it was hard to pass up.
2.Breakfast gave us a great start to our day. 3TL for fresh squeezed OJ
3.Quiet street but dozens of touristy restaurant options just around the corner.
4.Owner’s daughter was very helpful when needing to book tours, shows, etc. She was always available at breakfast & sometimes during the evenings.
5.They offered beverages at a good price (honor system)
6.WiFi worked great – no connection or speed problems. A major plus.
7. CLEAN! The room & bathroom was spotless.
This is family run & the only common area was the kitchen so you are privy to some of the business conversations, which can be awkward if it is an argument, but otherwise everything was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marmara Guest House is a small authentic charming guest house in Istanbul run by a Turkish family. It is located in the heart of the open air museum area of Istanbul which is located in the historic Sultanahmet area. It is only a few minutes walking distance from the Blue Mosque, Ayasofya, and Topkapi Palace... You can enjoy our traditional Turkish breakfast (you will love my mum's ,Mrs. Ayse’s, homemade jams) while watching seagulls with an exciting view of the Bosphorus & Marmara Sea and Asian side on our beautiful vine-covered terrace or relax on our terrace while you are having a free coffee, after a busy day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HostelWorld so you can book your Marmara Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marmara Guesthouse Hotel Istanbul