1,059 results
All reviewsrooftop terraceturkeyhomemade jamsblue mosquequiet streettopkapi palacefree tea and coffeea great place to staybreakfast was deliciousrestaurants and shopshome away from homeairport transferwithin walking distanceperfect locationmajor sightstop floorold city
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This was incredibly cheap for what we got! It was a fantastic location, 5 mins walk to blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. You definitely want to stay in Sultanhmet - it's where all the action is and Istanbul is huge. It is right next to a street full of restaurants and in a very pretty area. You can eat breakfast and have afternoon tea / evening beers on the rooftop terrace which overlooks the Bosphorus. The rooms are nice and clean, traditional Turkish breakfast included which is good. The owners are lovely, the daughter speaks English and is very willing to help you book any tours/shows, Turkish bath (would recommend) or answer any questions. This was an absolute bargain and would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank LittleSnuffy
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Marmara Guest House could not have been nicer. The facility is excellent -- clean, quiet, modern and well maintained. The breakfasts are exquisite! And the people are delightful -- we're so very glad to have spent most of our time in Istanbul with Elif and her family.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I just came back from 5 days at Marmara Guesthouse and it was a fantastic stay. This is really "my home" away from home in Istanbul now. Elif is a wonderful hostess, always friendly, smily, full of informations, tips, recommendations. The small hotel is located a few streets from all the tourist sites, the tram, the Bazar, as well as next door to streets full of restaurants, shops and bars. We walked many times from the hotel to the Galata bridge and to the Taksim Square area after getting there with the tram and the funicular.The Marmara Guesthouse is located on a small quiet street which along with a very comfortable bed made me sleep peacefully. Breakfast served on the last floor was superb with a good variety of homemade jams, cakes, cookies, vegetables, eggs, and a great view. Wi-Fi is available in the bedroom and the breakfast room is accessible at all time for free coffee and tea and internet connection. Thank you Elif for all your suggestions, I certainly discovered places in Istanbul where local people live, eat, shop, away from tourist areas. I cant wait to get back next year in December. Mini sends all her best and thank you for your warm hospitality...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank suzarol
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Dear Elif,

we would like to thank you for making our stay in Istanbul so nice, we felt very comfortabel and well taken care of and told everyone what a great long weekend we had! Your guesthouse is in the best location: quiet, but only a afew footsteps away from all the great sight seeing spots. Your guesthouse is clean, very comfy and the breakfast excellent! We also appreciated your tips and recommondations.

All the best to you,

Markus and Heike

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2011

The Marmara Guesthouse is perfect for spending a few days in the beautiful old city of Istanbul. I was on my first Turkey adventure and traveling alone. Easy walking and access to all major sightseeing, as well as restaurants and shops. Tucked out of the way on a narrow street, it has a wonderful rooftop area for viewing the Marmara Sea and savoring their beautiful Turkish breakfast, or relaxing with an Efes dark beer or tea after a long day of walking the streets of Istanbul. Elif, the beautiful and friendly hostess, is helpful in every way. If you're interested, she gives you suggestions experiencing the Istanbul of the locals, not just the tourist attractions. Excellent service is her priority. When staying at their sister location, The Saruhan, about 15 minutes away 3 wks prior to staying at the Marmara, I was lost while sightseeing. I ended up at the Marmara, and Elif personally walked me back to the Saruhan. When I returned to Istanbul and stayed at the Marmara, I found her service and friendliness to be exactly the same...focused on my Istanbul experience and attention to every detail. My room was simple and beautiful, with colorful Turkish fabric artwork and bedding, four-poster bed, hardwood floors, large windows. I will return to the Marmara on my next visit to Istanbul. It will be like visiting family!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo