Book now, pay at stay
US$ 633
US$ 445
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop barwould definitely stay here againa great stayhot watermin walkclean roomstop floortaxi driveristiklal streethosteltaksimairportwifibackpackersensuitecomputerstoilet
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I was very excited for my trip to Istanbul and to stay at #bunk. I had only saw good reviews about this hostel and had been eyeing it for 3+ years to stay there when in Istanbul.
But I can only say that I was severely disappointed. The structure of the place is great but maintenance is really lacking. The cleaning was also something that needs improvement. I put some photos on my review to express my disappointment. Toilet with seat broken (and with scotch tape to fix!) or with no seat at all! Staff was really indifferent and only seemed to mind about their own lives instead of providing some/any advice to guests. They spoke good English though.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Clean bed dirty toilet not clean bathroom high price 45tl a night! you can go small 4star hotel or 3star during taksim for 60tl
Some room AC not working well
Mosquitoes are everywhere
Nice roof terrace
That hostel famous just because roof terrace but no any daily program
kitchen close most of the time
Breakfast 20tl half of room price!
Free coffee but taste like water

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Shared a 6-person female room. Very comfy bed already made, and they gave me a big fluffy towel. The bed had a reading lamp, shelves, and two power outlets. Perfect! There were spacious safe-type lockers too. The room key was a card, which was nice after staying in many hostels with tricky doors/locks.
And the room had its own toilet and shower and two sinks. Very clean and minimalist. No hand soap provided. Hot water in the shower is incorrectly labeled (straight up on the tap, not to the right or left as marked) so it took a minute to find. Not a ton of water pressure. But very clean and spacious shower.
The front desk is staffed 24/7 so it feels safe, and they're very helpful. There's a little computer room and a sitting area downstairs. Other reviews are correct; you won't meet a ton of people here (it's kind of set up like a hotel) but it was quiet and professional. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at bunk for just a night in Istanbul and we really enjoyed the location. Pros:
*It was just a walk away from the happening istiklal street.
* The room was quite clean, we had taken a private room
*There were many small restaurants and shops close by for cheap and good food.
*We took a hava bus directly from the airport and had to barely walk 3 mins to the hotel. The same way we walked to the bus stop the next day to take a bus to the airport again. It was so convenient and economical.

Cons:
* Though it said the bathroom was ensuite, we did not realise only the shower was a tiny tiny cubicle in the room whereas the washroom was a shared one on the floor. The morning went I wanted to go to the washroom it wasn't tidy at all:( but din face this problem the evening before.
*There's not much else to do in that area.
*If you're looking for a proper hostel where you get to meet people this is not it. We barely saw two or three other people in our 24 hours there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I really thought this place would be ideal, there is no toilet seats on the toilets, so you have the choice of elevating over or cleaning the whole toilet as there not the cleanest. Twice when I showered there was zero hot water not even Luke warm freezing cold. The location was great tho for accessibility to the airports and shuttles, I hope they can work out the kinks it's got great potential.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo