See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed here twice - once about five years ago and again, just recently in July 14. Our room was a double on the 4th floor which meant we had a great sea view without having to visit the terrace higher up. Breakfast is traditionally Turkish which is fine, tea and coffee were plentiful.The breakfast room is glazed, you can sit outside and watch ships sailing past, or go higher up the spiral staircase and enjoy almost 360 views of Istanbul, including mosques, and of course other terraces. Wonderful place to sit, even at night, if Istanbul proves a bit hectic - which is often does. Spoke to the owner on several occasions about Istanbul, its history, the refugees coming to the city etc. Friendly service, boutique type hotel although there is no lift so the breakfast room may be difficult for someone with mobility issues. In a great location, handy for everything but the street itself is quiet. Wi fi connection worked fine. I will happily stay here again if I go back to Istanbul.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in room with sea view to enjoy the shipping traffic but the terrace is available all the time, with some easy chairs etc. We had a beer there a few times to relax and enjoy the sunset.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scrapster186470
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our second stay in Sultan Ahmet this month and our first hotel was only a bit more expensive but radically better. Firstly I must say the staff was good but the hotel is like a very old one star hotel where they have redone the bathroom and put in new quilt covers and beds but left the old blankets , dingy corridors, paper thin walls and very small rooms of a one star. The sea view from our room was great but the window wasn't really clean and many hotels in the area have similar views

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor up 72 steps, but its good excercise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family and I booked a room at the Cosmopolitan Park hotel from the 27th December till the 1st January, looking forward to spending a pleasant New Year's Eve in a strange city. We left dissatisfied after only 3 nights, puzzled by the numerous positive reviews about the hotel that we'd read. The reason we chose it were it's location and supposedly good breakfast. The location was admittedly perfect - right next to the Blue Mosque. But the rest was an absolute disaster, especially considering the high price. The bathroom was a small room with a window and no heater, so it was absolutely freezing. Unfortunately, that wasn't the only room in the hotel that was left without heating in the middle of winter. The breakfast room was actually a rooftop terrace with a great view towards the Sea of Marmara, though that was its only advantage. It was of reasonable size (approx. 60 square meters), but had only one heater - which didn't make a difference and so we all had to wear our coats to eat. So, as a result of the cold bathroom and breakfast room, my wife, my daughter and I all managed to get sick in just 1 day and then had breakfast in our room for the rest of our stay. The "breakfast" itself consisted of just a few pieces of salami, a few slices of tomatoes and cucumbers, a bit of olives and cheese, some jam, yogurt and cereals. You had to ask for bread and coffee, there were no cold drinks or cooked food. As a matter of fact, if we all hadn't been so sick, we wouldn't have eaten the no-variety poor-quality food. Another negative was the tiny room that only fit the 3 beds and a dresser. We finally decided to leave early, unwilling to be subjected to any more bad food and freezing cold conditions. I talked to the guy at reception about our situation, wondering if (but not hoping) we could get the money for the 2 nights we didn't stay but payed for back. He said that if it were up to him, we would, but since we booked through another website they were to decide. So, once we were home, we emailed the website with regards to our situation and were told that they had contacted the hotel(because apparently it was their decision to make!) and they had said they wouldn't refund us, claiming they also didn't have any problems with their heating and that we never complained (which we did, multiple times). We emailed him, asking what was the matter - he had told us an entirely different story. As you can probably guess, we never heard back from him. In short, spare yourself the cold, the bad food and the trouble and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

A well-located small hotel, walking distance to Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, as well as the Sultanahmet tram stop. I chose to spend a bit more to get a sea view room and I’m glad I did. The sun rising over Marmara is a wonderful way to start the day. Kamil, the owner, is a delightful guy who speaks excellent English. He has been very helpful in sorting out some travel problems.

Breakfast buffet on the roof terrace is traditional Turkish food—tomatoes, cucumbers, yogurt, eggs, cheese, sausage, jams, coffee and tea.

My only complaint is erratic wifi connectivity, although I had no problems when sitting in the lounge on the ground floor. Overall, a very good price for a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are appealing. I am staying solo in a double room and it would be cramped for two, so ask about room size.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Feistygal
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Where else can you sit on the roof terrace with a coffee after at breakfast and watch pods of dolphins swim past ??? Less than a minute gets you into the heart of Sultanamhet and all the sights.We stayed there earlier this year and would advise anyone to go.
Kamil was so friendly, booking us taxis and sorting out our return boarding passes on the phone in minutes. It was max 30 mins from the airport by car.
All the staff were just fantastic - nothing was any bother. Fehmi our chief waiter, batman and singer, was brilliant company - taught us Turkish and lent us his tram card to get about . ok it has plenty stairs but it keeps you fit - get a sea view and a high floor - it couldn't be better. We were over from Scotland for a week and both couples will be back -dead safe area as well.
cheers
davy and liz

Room Tip: high room sea view watch the ships
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple