See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2015

During winter holiday, my girlfriend and I spent three nights at Eyfel hotel in Istanbul. Beside its generally good position, this hotel has a lot more to offer. Our expectations were very low because of the low price of the hotel, but we were pleasant surprised. Hotel is definitely outdated but it is well preserved and in good condition. Our room was big, spacious and illuminated with street oriented windows. Although we went during winter, important thing was that hotel heating system worked perfectly as well as functional AC. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean on a daily base. The cleaning personal was literally invisible but efficient. All in all hotel is very good, if you have reasonable (normal :)) expectations. For this price don't expect Hilton in old Istanbul part of city but definitely you will get more than you will pay for ;) Also, a breakfast was OK, there was all you might need for one normal meal.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2014 via mobile

This is very bad and unclean hotel. Rooms are very small and they are not very clean especially the bathroom. You can feel the moisture. Breakfast is very poor and really you don't have anything to eat. The only thing because l gave two stars is because its location. It is near kapali carsi.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place is horrific - and please see my other reviews to know that I'm not a posh traveler that requires chocolates on my pillow and Egyptian sheets. Working for an airline, I've learned to roll with the punches, and have travelled most of the world staying in hostels and budget hotels. But this place is easily one of the worst hotel experiences I've had.

My travel companion and I arrived early afternoon on a weekday and were initially rather disturbed by the fact that we seemed to be the only people staying in the hotel. We didn't think much of it at first, as it was the tail end of the tourist season in Istanbul. We were led into an ancient cramped elevator, and made our way to the third floor. The hallway was poorly lit, the carpeting lumpy and detached from the floor, coming undone at the seams. We were shown to a room that was more impressive with the lights out - two uninviting beds with cheap blankets, a dresser that looked like it had been to hell and back, a television that was smaller than a laptop computer screen, and a small fridge that didn't work. The bathroom was even more unappealing.. it was small, cramped, with mold centimeters thick on the shower walls, with a door that didn't close and leaked water everywhere, and a vanity mirror with cracks in it.

Breakfast was absurd. Hard boiled eggs, stale bread, old mushy olives, unidentifiable processed meat and cheese slices, and sugary juice product. Not to mention, a waiter that didn't speak English and a head female server that barked at us angrily in Turkish and then turned off the lights when we were staying past the breakfast hours. Gross.

Finally, the creepiness factor was cemented with one of the employees there who, after taking an obvious liking to me, decided that it was acceptable to berate me every time I entered or left the hotel to sit and drink tea with him, and to ask where I was going and who I would be with. I even received a wake-up knock on my door at 9am, where he demanded to know where I was and if I would be coming to dinner from my travel companion (I was sitting in bed, aghast).

If it wasn't that this hotel was prepaid for with a travel company, I would have left after the first night. Be forewarned, this place is below even hostel standards, Steer clear!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lilith R
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed there one nite. The hotel is pretty worn out but relatively clean and relatively cheap. Did not eat there. Worst thing is the cleaning ladies which will wake you up as soon as they start the service, as the doors are thin and they are noisy. Staff not friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bau
Reviewed 29 May 2013

THE GOOD: Sunbathing in Istanbul THE UGLY: Breakfast buffet made us ill

This hotel felt like it has pasted hands several times with each owner leaving a distintive range of nick naks, there was a range of Turkey, naval, Christmas, French, fish and mugs with dogs on them! The receptionist wasn't particularly helpful, giving no info on the facilities or that breakfast was included. My partner found out that this was included from the website. I wish that he hadn't as we both fell ill straight after breakfast, with mine carrying on for two days. We booked a double but ended up with two singles, small room but comfortable and clean, no frills. The walls are very thin, evidently our neighbour had also had a the breakfast to. We booked this for the roof terrace pool to catch one more day of sun before heading back home, in a location near to the city centre. It served perfectly fine for this, but to set expectations the pool is a enlarged paddling pool raised off the ground. I'd rather pay a little bit more for a pool elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple