Grand Hyatt Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$ 571
US$ 415
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsistiklal streetexcellent accommodationnoisy areaperfect locationenjoyed my staystay there againtaksimheart
Reviewed 10 January 2015

Good:
This building of about 6 apartments is on literally off Istiklal Caddessi (Street) which is essentially the centre of the Taksim (new city) area of Istanbul. It is less than a 2 minute walk from Taksim Square. Daytime is good as it is very close to Istiklal. The apartment is very clean, it has to be said. Wifi is very good but did drop on occasion but was very good overall. I was to pay 99 Euro per night but it was reduced to 90 Euro per night which is steep enough considering its low season in Istanbul but grateful for the reduction of 9 euro per night. Winter is low season. I stayed from 29 December to 3rd January. Very good pressure shower in bathroom, but the bathroom itself is very small (no room even for a toilet bag) and the toilet bowl is TINY.

Bad:
This should be an excellent location but I have listed is as a FAIR location. Let me explain why - it is off Istiklal Street but on a small side street and, in my opinion, a dodgy side street - a badly paved street that gives an uncomfortable feeling. It was full of dodgy characters at night and I would not recommend walking down this street alone at night time. Daytime was fine. The entrance to the block is very unappealing. Reminds me of a dodgy block of flats in London, to be frank. I really did not like the location at night. I had booked to stay 5 nights but I went to a hotel just a minute away on a better street for my last 2 nights. I lost out on 2 nights payment but that was okay. I just did not like the location at night. There were groups of dodgy men smoking at the entrance at night and it was just not pleasant. Erdin seems to have impressed most reviewers on this site. I was impressed with him before I arrived but not impressed after I arrived, to be frank. I arrived at the hotel at 10pm at night and he asked me for payment for the 5 nights. I thought this was very strange as you normally pay on checkout. Anyway, I said no, it was late and I will call him the next day. I was barely out of bed and he called me and asked for payment. Anyway, I paid but this was strange in my view. I also did not find him terribly helpful. I asked him only a couple of questions but he was not terribly willing to help. I know other reviewers have said the opposite. I am telling you how I felt. There is no lift at all, so be prepared for that if you have a lot of big bags. I stayed in room 101 and it faced the street with pubs, etc. so it was very noisy well into the morning but this did not bother me too much. No real kitchen facilities - you CANNOT cook. Nothing there to cook with. Did not bother me but just letting those who expect an apartment to have cooking facilities. Plenty of restaurants on Istiklal.
The other problem with the apartment is that the windows are not sealed properly at all. This means that cold air was drafting in all day and night - and it was winter time - so even with the heating on it was a bit cold. The windows need to be sealed properly and made air tight. I noticed that the floor boards near the windows were damp and rising - and this is because water from the rain and the dampness were causing damage to the floor boards. If not fixed, these floor boards will rise and break up.
The hotel that I moved to for my last 2 nights was Istanburg Hotel, just on a parallel street to Apartof - the hotel was nicer and on a much better road than Apartof but the rooms are extremely small. I mean very small. So Apartof rooms are much bigger. However, the bathroom in Istanburg MUCH better than Apartof - please see added notes above.
Also, NO BREAKFAST available at all because it is an apartment - but you cannot really call it an apartment as no cooking facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are noisy due to noise from pubs and clubs all night long, even weekdays.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 490SSS
Reviewed 7 January 2015

the location is excellent, near Istlikal Caddesi, the heart of Istanbul. Apartment is very nice and best equipped. the owner is very helpful and courteous.
Price is good. Take into consideration there is no elevator and some noise coming from pubs and restaurants outside the apartment.

Room Tip: higher floor have less noise but there is no elevator
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trudy1958
Reviewed 4 January 2015

We enjoyed out stay at Apartof very much. The Manager could not have been more helpful. The location was excellent. The room was lovely and I would have no hesitation in staying there again. The Apartof Hotel represents good value for money and is in a great location near Taxim Square.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samples62
Reviewed 30 December 2014

I stayed 5 nights with my wife. We had an excellent experience. The apartments are vere cosy and stay few steps from Istiklal street and the subway station. The manager was very courteous. There is no elevator in the building.

Room Tip: The are some bars on the street. The windows are sound proof but we need to keep it closed all night long to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank André C
Reviewed 30 December 2014

Good location, although I would've preferred to be closer to Galata Tower side of Istiklal Caddesi. Helpful owner. Rooms are decent enough. Steps quite narrow and steep...keep this in mind if you are travelling with heavy luggage.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple