See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed one night with my son on transit for our flight home.
(1) Staff. Friendly, very approachable, sincerely helpful. Especially the humble gentleman at the front desk who may be the owner. He said that he was from Bulgaria. A thoroughly welcoming person.
(2) Room. Clean, unpretentious, well furnished. I'd booked a double room and was pleasantly surprised with 2 King-sized beds.
(3) Wi-Fi. Strong signal, gratis, no problems with internet. Nothing like spending 2 weeks in a neighbouring country with crummy Wi-Fi to make one appreciate how there is no going back to a pre-online life.
(4) Location. 15 minutes to the airport (non-peak hour) by taxi. Cost me 26 TL. Fuss-free. But watch out if you're coming or going to the airport during rush hour--the ride could take an hour.
(5) Neighbourhood. The hotel is sited in an authentic Turkish residential area with small family run shops and restaurants. No giant malls or tourist traps. Tried the "Usta Donerci" restaurant about a 3-min walk from the hotel. Hygienic, tasty Turkish food. A 15-cm doner durum (wrap) costs 10.50TL. The young waiter serving me couldn't speak English but drag one who could to help out. Like I said, a very pleasant neighbourhood, you don't feel like you're being fleeced, like sometimes down in Sultanahmet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TAS1711
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Perfect value,we have stayed 2 nights.The location of the hotel is very near from Shopping centers resturants, buses and metrobus stop. Rooms are very small and cozy but very clean, staff is very helpfull we have enjoyed our stay and we will be back.Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Katarino
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our stay in Istanbul was very short, but had an extradinory time. We were only in the hotel for a shower, and then out to see Istanbul. Came back for a short sleep before catching a flight out at 5:00am. Room was clean, and staff was helpful. Room service (soft drinks) was prompt. Hotel was uneventfull, which is all I could expect with such a short stay. We paid I think $40 Euros for transportation to the hotel (not arranged by hotel) which seems expensive, however we paid him an additional 150 Euros and kept him for the rest of the night to see all we could of Istanbul in a short period of time. Hotel. Clean. Close. Would stay there again. Colin W

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Colin W
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I had one night stay at the Avcilar city hotel. My first great impression was when the manager on duty called me in the morning to ask me when are we arriving, to confirm the parking and the separate beds and to ensure that everything is going to be ok. The hotel itself - very cozy, nice looking and clean. Everything was great, especially the service. Breakfast was good enough, so the hotel is worth visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank chavdar75
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as we were attending a family wedding.

This is a well run,modern and attractive hotel. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and our room was very comfortable indeed, good comfy beds and air con. There was a minbar in the room, also tea and coffee making facilities were provided. A nice touch when a good cuppa is needed.
Plus there are toiletries in the bathroom, very helpful if you have forgotten anything.

The breakfast buffet was plentiful with nice food well presented.

There is a pleasant outdoor sitting area at the side of the hotel, away from the street and traffic. Nice to sit there and enjoy a Turkish coffee,

The staff were very helpful, spoke good English, nothing was too much trouble..

Very good value, especially as breakfast was included.

Out and around the hotel are plenty shops and restaurants, lots of nice goods and food available.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again if and when we visit Istanbul.

Mr and Mrs T. Cunliffe and family