Hotel Sari Konak
Apricot Hotel(Istanbul)
Azade Hotel(Istanbul)
Sumengen Hotel(Istanbul)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop terraceblue mosqueyogurthagia sophiagrand bazaarevery morningcharming hotelperfect locationwithin easy walking distancestandard roomold citybreakfast was deliciousmain sitesbasilica cisternmustafasultanahmetbosphorus
Reviewed 8 February 2012

A first time in Istanbul is an enriching experience –– to be in Istanbul is to be rich.

Sari Konak is a treasure in the heart of of old Istanbul. What a pleasure to walk up the hill to the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia every morning! What a joy to bask on the roof in the Turkish sun and view the Sea of Marmara.

Service at this boutique hotel is truly exceptional and each front desk clerk - Hussan, Mustafa and Segun - is helpful and memorable in his own way.

Breakfasts are luscious and the buffet setting is a delight.

What a blessing to have discovered the Sari Konak Oteli!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I found the hotel staff to be very friendly. Both check in and check out service was top notch. The hotel room was very clean and beds comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The staff was nice, helpful and polite. There was a bit of a mix up with the booking site we used but the person working there helped us in every way so it was no problem.
The rooms are clean. Our room was big but the cheaper rooms are smaller, for some guests it might be a problem. It is quiet.
The city center is not very far away.
The food was very good, I specially loved having breakfast on the roof with a view of the Bosporus and Blue mosque.

Room Tip: Getting a more expensive room is a good idea, you get a bigger and nicer room and it's worth the money.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank frinxy
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I have neglected to write this review since our trip in July, 2010. The Hotel Sari Konak is a hotel with a wonderful staff that is friendly and extremely helpful, a beautiful setting, clean and spacious rooms, a fresh breakfast every morning and the views atop the restaraunt after breakfast andin the early evening are breathtaking. In a word: Fabulous!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank BVUSA
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Sari Konak is the place to stay while in Istanbul. I stayed there earlier this month for 1wk w/ my wife, and 2 young kids. The rooms were very nice, location was awesome, and the staff were amazing. I travel quite a bit and I stay at top hotels but this place felt like home away from home. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My family and I want to thank Eser, Mustafa, and Hasan for their outstanding service and exceptional courtesy (they even helped me w/ my little knowledge of Turkish and that was priceless). I also apologize for not remembering everyone's name. I definitely recommend the location to first timers, this is the better, nicer part of Sultan Ahmet, we walked couple of times all the way to Taksim!!! Breakfast was delicious, I highly recommend it!! We cannot wait to be back and we;re already looking for the next time off to spend it in Istanbul

Room Tip: Go w/ room 504 if available, it sleeps 4 and it's like a little apt or a very nice suite
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family