“Excellent hotel in great location”
Review of Nena Hotel

Nena Hotel
Ranked #78 of 1,147 Hotels in Istanbul
Co Antrim, N ireland
“Excellent hotel in great location”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The room was a good size, tastefully decorated and like the rest of the hotel very clean and well maintained. The bed was very comfortable.The location was excellent , safe and a few minutes walk away from the major sights and the tramway.The hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly .The breakfasts were really good with a varied selection of hot and cold dishes and the view was amazing. and there was a complimentary snack each evening in the restaurant .I expected this to be just a cup of coffee but it was more like a small buffet .We ate in the restaurant one evening and the food and service were really good and excepional value.There was also free use of computers and free bottled water in the room every night. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 303 which was a lovely room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Spent three nights here after reading other reviews. Upon late arrival, Mustafah at the front desk welcomed us and gave us a lot of tips about the area and things to do. He arranged a morning tour and another staff member walked us to the meeting place in the morning to be sure we made it without problem. Very helpful and accommodating. The rooms are small, and not sound proof, so that we heard people in the hallway throughout one night. Location is near all historic sites, very convenient. The breakfast provided had a good selection, and the view from the terrace can not be better. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
kabul
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I spent three nights at the Hotel Nena, and while I found the service somewhat impersonal, it was otherwise much better than I expected and a great place from which to explore without having to work too hard at it - you will find yourself running into the major sights and the convenient tramway as soon as you walk out the front door, the breakfast was good, the view lovely, the bed very comfortable, the water pressure a relief after two weeks in rural China, and the wifi worked perfectly at all levels of the hotel. I had hardly any time to prepare for this trip and found it was practically impossible not to hit the major sights just walking down the street.

The price is very fair, but my room was also quite noisy - I heard my neighbors and any commotion in the hall or lobby - and awkwardly set up. As someone who wanted to have a more comfortable space to unwind, the room and the cramped lobby were not ideal. I wish I had stayed somewhere with a more relaxed and communal atmosphere, even if it had cost more. Also, if I return to Istanbul, I will certainly want to try out a less touristy neighborhood as it is easy to get to Sultanhamet but hard to escape the throngs once there.

That said, the staff were very kind, even giving me tea and smiling patiently as I re-packed my bags in the lobby before an evening flight, and the young man even chased down a taxi for me in the rain. I can't say it was the best hotel experience ever, but I would surely recommend it to anyone looking for simple, comfortable accommodation in the heart of Istanbul's old city. No pool and no fitness center, so please disregard those ratings.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Hotel Nena was lovely, and in a great location. We had a small room, but it was big enough. The bathrooms are old but perfectly functional. Compared to the glitz and glamour of the UAE, it was quite refreshing, but it will not blow you away. That said, it was good value for what you pay, and the location is fantastic - only moments from the Blue Mosque, Topkapi palace, the Bazar, and lots of potential for walking.

The hotel receptionist will happily offer you help with buying anything you can think of, but I suggest going to the bazar and enjoying the experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AndreaPCG
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 April 2012

During vacations few things go well and few go not as you would like to; I know for sure that what went very well and had no negative comment about it is the Nena Hotel. From the minute we arrive to the last minute we left and in all their services they were excellent.

Room Tip: We had two corners, I think the layout of the corner rooms is better.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family