See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Friends recommended this quaint small hotel at the edge of Sultanahmet Square, easy walking distance to old town Instanbul, with great room prices, fabulous free breakfast from the rooftop terrace, and wonderful attentive staff. Some trips you take include a very unmemorable accommodations; not the case at all with Hotel Spectra and it's restaurant, which made where we stayed as much of an impact as many of the unique sights. With only a 3 day visit, we easily walked to the Blue Mosque (the gorgeous view each morning at breakfast), Sultanahmet Square, Hagia Sophia, the Bascilica Cistern, and many other cafes and shops. With a hotel so close, we could come and go often during the day and the evening without worrying about car rental. I made arrangements with Booking.com; had I researched better, I would have booked directly with the hotel. For 3 or more consecutive nights, there would have been free airport transfer, a welcome drink and 10 per cent off in the restaurant. But still, the room rate was surprisingly inexpensive in February. The staff were wonderful, and made above and beyond efforts to include our son, who has a disability. We are raving to people about Onur, Erdal and Mazlum, who all made our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Onur was our trusted 'go to' person for any questions and advice about places to go, and how to handle situations. He visited with us and gave us the famous glasses of tea as we waited for our cab on the last morning. It was sad to leave! These are people who, should they ever come to Canada, would be welcome in our home. The hotel itself is older, but entirely comfortable. There is a small lift if you're not up to the winding marble staircase. The beds are comfortable; they moved us to a larger room for our last night. You just don't get views like these from many hotels! Aside from the breakfast served in the enclosed rooftop terrace (hot and cold items, and plenty of both, including juices, tea, and coffee that Mazlum kept topping up for us, we had a memorable meal in the restaurant, tended to attentively by Erdal. It was our first trip to Istanbul, and with a welcome like we had at the Spectra, it will certainly be on our list to visit again. We would highly recommend the Spectra; not accessible, despite the small elevator, but likely manageable by someone with mobility concerns. The small rooms are small; there were 3 of us and it was tight, but more than comfortable and the wifi was excellent. Can't stop telling people about the Spectra!

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a larger room with a view of the Blue Mosque.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank getgoingCanada
Reviewed 14 February 2016

The room was quiet and comfortable, the breakfast food was good, and the rooftop breakfast room view was brilliant! Central to all that Sultanahmet has to offer. I especially enjoyed their restaurant. The baked eggplant was truly delicious.

Room Tip: Higher rooms may give a view to the mosque.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Excellent hotel right by the main square in front of the Blue Mosque. Good value rooms, including family-size ones. The cafe/restaurant/bar is also good. Mr Onur on the front desk is very helpful. There are plenty of shops etc in the neighbourhood, plus a short walk to the tramline.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Excellent Location and very great value for money. The staff are very helpful and honest.
Great views of the Blue Mosque from the bedroom, and within a minutes walk to the entrance.
Easy to get to other places, due to its central location.

Breakfast could be better, but then again for the price you cant complain much.

Room Tip: Top floor, has best views of the mosque
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2016

I really liked my experience at this hotel, so I considered that I had to share it. I travelled from London to Istanbul last year to cover some meetings at work. I decided to stay in a good area to explore a bit when I had free time. The hotel Spectra looked that it was perfect for my budget and in a good location. It has an amazing location in the center of most of the touristic places including The Grand Bazaar market. There are plenty of nice restaurants around it that open until late. There a lot places to visit and all of then are just walking distance. The staff is very nice and helpful at the hotel. I did not like my room at the beginning because I really needed to have a desk or a confortable place to put all the paper work, so I asked to be moved to another room. The staff were very understandable with my request and prepared another room to make me confortable which I loved because it was quite, extremely clean and fairly big. I also struggled to go to the places where my meetings were, but the staff were very attentive to ask for my taxis and make sure that I was safe at all times. The breakfast was my favourite meal everyday because the selection was very big and amazing. I thought it was going to be like the buffets in most of the average hotels in Europe but it was definitely nothing like that. Event thought the hotel was not luxurious, I am very glad I stayed at that hotel because I felt safe and I was helped anytime I needed. I really appreciated that they tried to make my stay very confortable and relaxing. I would say that the best of this hotel is the location, the staff and the food. It is also very clean. I travelled on my own for a business trip but I saw a lot of families with children that were having a good time in there as well.

Room Tip: Right corner of the lift
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business